PAE Trouble shooting

Hi everybody!
Im back to playing this excellent mod. A quick question; I have already started playing a scenario, but Im thinking of trying out the 40 civ dll at some stage. Would this mess up my scenario savegame?

If you mean a WBSave file, yes, you would have to adapt it to the number of Civs (40) like this Tutorial is explaining.

Edit: unless the mod is now proposing ready versions for 40 Civs.

Thx for the quick reply!

Sorry, I guess I was a bit unclear. I meant loading a regular savefile (not wbsave)?

If the dll is really just an adaptation to 40 Players, then I don't think you will have a problem. You don't risk much trying, just that the game will return to desktop before being able to open the save.

I don't see the point however, unless it's an early save and you want to add some more civilizations through World Builder.

No, I wasnt going to mod anything at the moment :), I just saw the dll file in there and wanted to see if my computer could handle 40 civs, but I didnt want to mess my current paev game up while doing so!

For the record, after adding the dll file to the assets folder I was unable to load previously saved paev games, but after removing the dll file again everything seems to work fine again.

Thanks for responding isenchine!

I use a "40civs dll" shipped with the paev mod. I have never looked into how a regular savefile works but my guess is it works like a worldbuilder savefile - ie the program cant set the game up cause of a conflict between the number of civs stated in the dll vs the number of civs stated in the savefile?

Ah OK, then I guess you are right.

I use a "40civs dll" shipped with the paev mod. I have never looked into how a regular savefile works but my guess is it works like a worldbuilder savefile - ie the program cant set the game up cause of a conflict between the number of civs stated in the dll vs the number of civs stated in the savefile?
Hi mikmac,

maybe it would be possible to use not the savegame file but a worldbuilder file created at the latest stage of your game. Then edit this WB-file by adding all what the game with added 40civs-DLL is looking for and yet unable to find. I mean, you could compare an initial WB-file of a freshly started 40civs-game with that late stage WB-save from where you would like to continue on. Also, the debug-files could be helpful for figuring out, why exactly the late stage file doesn't load after adding the 40civs-DLL, what's missing, or too much.

It's not so uncommon to wish for more "inhabitants" in empty areas of the map, after your game has progressed and more and more of your map becomes unveiled. I had that, too.

Hi there Keinpferd!

My original question was a bit more basic, I actually just wanted to make sure moving the dll file in/out of the paev assets folder wouldnt mess my paev savefiles up, which it didnt.

However, you guys motivated me to do some modding of my own, now I think I will add some civs!

I keep getting this weird music loop for 2 tracks: one is baba yetu and another one is messopotamian energetic(more war-like) music with male voices and women back vocal. Why couldn't I just name the songs ? Because I couldn't find them in the assets of the mod, they are simply not there, however I do get them regulary in the game and if it starts it is going to rinse-repeat untill I stop and start audio again.

Initially I though that this had something to do with my old computer, so I just used another music folder(from civ5) in options.
But now the same problem occured on my laptop and it is obviously some game bug ,which wasnt annoying for me since I used other folder, however now I can't do the same. Whenever I select any other music folder(including own PAE soundtracks) it just has no effect and start random basic composition instead. Also it is not showing the folder whenever I close the options window, it just act like nothing happened.

I would realy appreciate any help.

Okay, so I have been able to start custom music folder(apparently I had another folder in there and because of that the files couldn't load). However report about music loop still remains, not critical bug at all though, since you can play your own music urself(and I took many of PAE tracks too).

I think I had this bug once, but I don't know any more how to get rid of it....
crazy.. I really forgot... :think:

Okay, after initial succes I decided that I want to bring some more war-like music, so I changed folder. And boom here comes the loop again, my playlist only played 2 tracks out of whole folder all the time on repeat(which I initialy took from PAE tracks). After deleting those 2 tracks it stopped played the folder at all and just switched to basic civ4 music whenever I tried to use custom folder.

So the problem persist and I have no clue what might cause it, but I am unable to load any custom music again. Playing with 2 tracks on the loop is extremly irritaing and dissatisfying. Even though I realy want to continue playing my campaign I have to halt it untill we can find solution.
As I already mention this problem had been present in previous patch and on another computer.

The later loop was probably the case of those 2 tracks being the only one in mp3 format. Apparently I just took the music from civ5 without converting it to mp3(I totaly forgot that since It was a long time last time I used it). So the civ4 couldn't load it.

So if anyone having this problem aswell just use the custom music folder(but the tracks have to be m3p)

Had this same crash several times. Usually I would reload and it wouldn't happen the next time, but this one is consistently reproducible so I figure I'd better upload it.

Attachments

• PAEVcrash.zip
    2.3 MB · Views: 215
In this scenario the "seven wonders" victory condition is enabled, but it is not possible to achieve. "The Hanging Gardens" cannot be built as the "Sumerian Gods" are not present in the scenario.

Ram bug: is it the last ram unit when you attack it?

Hellenic: thx, I put this out from the scenario.

ram bug: I do not believe it is the last unit, but it is possible. Certainly I hit the bug on at least 4 separate occasions, and it was always a ram. But given the likely hood of the last unit being a ram it is certainly possible. I have hit a couple of other bugs that I have not yet uploaded. Is there a bugzilla or some other open bug list that I could consult so as to ensure I am not just flooding you with duplicates?

Top Bottom