Patch 1.09 released!

rube203 said:
OMG!!! I just loaded a saved game... I have a non-T&L card, had revealed the world map so that I could see the terrain but it still had the fog of war everywhere.... well with the patch I loaded saved game and now I have no fog of war... just bright graphics.... AWESOME!!!

what type of video card are you using?

sorry about the double post but I went back and checked the faces and no more just mouth and eyes... I SEE THE WHOLE PERSON!!! I'm so excited. BTW, if anyone is curious I have the intel 855xx or whatever card

I was checking every 5 mins then I leave for 30 mins and boom >.<

Hasn't solved any performance or slow load time problems for me.:(

Well, looks like they made good on their promise to speed up load times. I noticed that starting a huge epic game took about only %75 of the time it used to.

-Chris

I downloaded the patch but I got no Prompt to install and when I tried to do it manually I got a error that says it's not a valid WIN32 aplication or something like that.

Should I try and DL again or.......?

well i never really played a full game with 1.08 installed, so i'm glad they brought 1.09 out quickly. downloading now...

Still not working for me, even though ive disabled my firewall. i presume it must be the uni. network that i am on.

rube203 said:
sorry about the double post but I went back and checked the faces and no more just mouth and eyes... I SEE THE WHOLE PERSON!!! I'm so excited. BTW, if anyone is curious I have the intel 855xx or whatever card

Wow. Did Firaxis decide to allow software T&L because of all the posts?

I almost feel like trying it on my older laptop (just in case it's still buggy).

I d/l'ed and installed the 1.09 patch just now via the Advanced menu. During the patch install process, the installer popped up a dialog box with an Error 1706, no valid source. :sad: I clicked the OK button, InstallShield said it was searching for game components. That went on for about a minute, then said the update was installed successfully. :confused: I started cIV, and checked the build version (Advanced -> About). Lo and behold, the update is in, or at least appears to be in. :hmm: Going to fire it up in a bit and see if the patch took or not.

notopt

ok, just fyi to everyone the patch seems to fix all T&L issues, I can now see the map before I reveal it, and its bright. I can see the whole faces of leaders. I'm using the intell 850/855 graphics chip. I have not played much but the only bug so far I've noticed was one instance of units in a city not being displayed. They were fortified in a city, I moved them out of the city and saw them fine, and while they were in the city the flag was still displayed

also improved new game startup time and loading program time... although, loading saved game didn't seem any faster

There must be a lot of people downloading it. I have a 10Mb connection and the patch is only coming in at about 20kB/s. That is about 4 times dial up speed. I hope the server doesn't crash.

I'm hopeful my T&L and black map problems are fixed. That was the main thing that made playing Civ4 not very fun before now. Really sucks to know the whole map from the beginning since I had to enable the reveal map.

Mysterio10000 said:
Info Screen (F9) no longer works in 1.09.

Pre-1.09 single player saved games work with 1.09.

F9 works for me in 1.09. However, my test of this was in a new game, not a saved 1.08 game.

im disapointed in the performance. For a pent 4 3.0 1 gig of ram, 256 nvidea card. the game still lags on huge map. this is rediculous. I understand that for the moderators, the game is a dream and runs perfect for some reason. and there are other people out there who seem to run it fine. any suggestions on what I can do so I can play huge maps? the game runs fine on tiny maps. but as they get bigger, the lag gets worst. I've got a clean computer, it must be sokething with the video card...

Top Bottom