Patch G / multiplayer / OOS

I do hate to have only bad news instead of something constructive to post, but I am afraid that this post is quite unlikely to do anything at all.

If you could specify what event caused you to go OOS maybe, and ensure that it is 100% repeatable...

I guess I can be semi-constructive and tell you that if each of you go into your C:\Program Files\Firaxis Games\Sid Meier's Civilization 4\Beyond the Sword\Mods\Fall from Heaven 2 030\Assets\XML\Events\CIV4EventTriggerInfos.XML file and change all <iPercentGamesActive>???</iPercentGamesActive> to <iPercentGamesActive>0</iPercentGamesActive> then no events will be able to happen. Then you know if you still go OOS that it is not actually the events.

Otherwise, you can work your way back up to fully enabled events 1 by 1 till you find which one is causing the OOS. To test them quickly, set <iPercentGamesActive>100</iPercentGamesActive> & <iWeight>-1</iWeight>, that way as soon as you meet the requirements for the event to happen, it will automatically happen. I think you will have to set <bGlobal>1</bGlobal> as well in order to keep events that are allowed to occur multiple times from happening every single turn. Can't think of any other tag that will limit the number of recurrances.

Laughing Out Loudly :D

I'm not doing any of that, I play multiplayer and being a MOD is not acceptable. What I can tell you is we've tested in several games with several people. 20 different random events with multiple players. If you want a save game file, send me a Hamachi message. Network FFH3 pw ffh my name is nightowl. We are still playing multiplayer player vs player games and we are saving/rehosting every time someone gets a random event. You are welcome to come play.

I'm presently playing a multiplayer game and myself and my friend have reached turn 411. What does this out of sync thing mean? I don't think we have encountered any problems so far...

Al

Sweet that sounds awesome. I usually play hotseat games with my friend as he has no computer. Im getting the software now. When exactly are you guys starting? I need to quickly go to the shop and then get this software installed...

Al

Umm what is the exact name of the network?

FFH3 requires a password. There is no "FFH3 pw ffh"...

Al

[..]I usually play hotseat games[..]

That is why you did not get any OOS errors :)

Good luck with testing. After some trouble with 0.25 we stopped to try multiplayer games :/

I'm not doing any of that
I refuse to help in any way except the least inconvenient for me. Now fix my problem so I can get back to playing that free game you gave me!

At least, that is what I see when I read that post.

If I could get my cousin off of WoW and back to Civ, I could test on his LAN. Switching around a few parameters in the XML is simple enough stuff that even I, who am "not a programmer", can handle it.

As Eldric semi-states, if you want to solve the OOS issues, you have to investigate them. What I advised you to do is one of the ways you can investigate it without having to be understanding too much about what you are doing.

You are correct that if you do that then you will become "MOD" and be unable to connect with other people for MP online at RANDOM. But if all of you do the same changes, then you will still be able to play, and have a chance of finding the problem and being able to tell the team SPECIFICALLY what is causing the problem, then they can probably fix it for everyone so you can return to playing with any random people you happen to meet.

As a side note: Posting a save game of a multi-player game is useless unless the person who is going to debug it is able to round up the same number of players. And typically debugging is a labourious process done alone, in spare time. Unless you are lucky enough to have enough roomates with their computers available for you to log in with dummy-seats.

Up to turn 219 in a 3-way game right now and haven't had any OOS problems with default events on patch g, except that we had to remake the game when someone's computer crashed because that bug still exists.

I was playing a few games this afternoon, and we got OOS twice. First, when the host (playing Faeryl Viconia) received an event describing a tryst with, of all people, Faeryl Viconia. The second, when the host (playing Amelanchier) received an event describing Thessa having killed her husband.

I've played multiple Patch G games, using Living World for double events, and havent had any OOS issues. Well, I might have had one, but it's been no more or less common than 3.13 BtS OOS errors.

Probably someone, somehow, didn't manage the patch despite multiple tries.

:dunno:

I don't think that the events are causing it, but there is definately something causing OOS issues. We have been playing FfH for the entire month of January with no OOS issues. We have been playing BTS for more than 3 months with no OOS issues. Last night, we upgraded to patch G...and Boom, OOS several times through out the night.

I do not have Internet for my Laptop at work (where I was having the OOS issues). This was my first time trying FfH multiplayer. I will try to get an autosave to post with this game soon.

We play on normal speed.

The game ran error free for awhile. I didn't think to check the turn count, but probably between 200-300 turns. Once we got one OOS error, it repeated several times after reloading. We rebooted, cleared cache, everyting short of actually reinstalling the game.

We gave up on that game and started a new one. No OOS problems at first, but eventually they came. We were about done with our shift, so we decided to call it a night.

I will try to record what turn the OOS errors occur on when we play again and see if there is a pattern. I will also try to get a save game file off my laptop when I get a chance.

I'm not doing any of that, I play multiplayer and being a MOD is not acceptable. What I can tell you is we've tested in several games with several people. 20 different random events with multiple players. If you want a save game file, send me a Hamachi message. Network FFH3 pw ffh my name is nightowl. We are still playing multiplayer player vs player games and we are saving/rehosting every time someone gets a random event. You are welcome to come play.

Um. Play what you want. You're being provided with a game for free. It's ... uh, a little imperious of you ... to determine what is/is not "acceptable."

-- ACS

Back
Top Bottom