PBEM multiplayer game updated every other day (or so).

Thoriak

Chieftain
War of the Worlds II

Greetings fellow civfanatics

Me and my friends have just recently started a round of PBEM (21st of January 2008).
And my plan is to have every move posted here with quotations and images, as well as any other event that connects with our PBEM campaign. We make a new turn every other day or so. 4000 BC- 2920 is a recap of all the things i can remember happened related to this game. Everything after that should be updated on the fly :).

I hope the moderators would be kind enough to let me have this post in this part of the multiplayer section, since this is where the larger part of the comunity hangs out and i would really like more people to follow our game :).

I am fairly sure that the people I play with does not visit this site. But there are ofcourse a risk that they will read this thread and would in that case happen to find this goldmine of info for their pathetic civs. But that’s ok, it’s a risk I am willing to take and I hope you guys will enjoy this immensely.

But, before we begin I would like to say that this isn’t the first PBEM for me, I just recently “ended” another 2 year campaign with a win for me and my ally (yay us). Here’s a link to the blog I created back then (Unfortunately in Swedish though) and the following youtube vid of us mocking them for the win.

Link to the blog
http://gandhi.indianempire.googlepages.com/

Link to the vid
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=T5X6Blsq1CY

I will begin with a short introduction of the game settings and the people in it.

Game settings
Map : Pangea
Size : Small
Climate : Temperate
Sealevel : Low
Era : Ancient
Speed : Quick
Shoreline : Random
Worldmap : Cylindrisk
Resources : Standard
AI : NO AI

Victory conditions
Time Victory:
Conquest Victory
Culture Victory
Space Race
Diplomatic Victory:

Everyone got to choose their civ anonymously, so I have no clue on which civ´s my friends have chosen.
Down below I will list the participant civs and their respective leader. I will also try to match which of my irl friends is connected to what civ. If I manage to do that it will help me value my opposition a bit better (I hope).

My Friends
Carlos
Johan B
Johan E
Niklas
Alex
Christer
Mike (That’s me)

The civs
Dutch - Willem van Oranje - Mike
Holy Roman – Charlemagne – Johan E
Romans – Augustus –Carlos or Christer, most likely Carlos
Russians – Stalin –Carlos or Christer, most likely Christer
Persians – Darius - Alex
Americans – Washington – Niklas
Germans – Fredrich – Johan B

4000 BC
Officially I told the guys I would random the starting civ, I told them that the “Dutch” would be setting up the game. But of course I would want anyone to mess up the settings or delay the start so I begun the game. And I honestly swear that I did not reload the game in search for a better starting loc. If that was the case I would seriously like to have marble or Stone!!

Anyways, it’s ok.
The overly abundant of Food plains will create a health problems, the cows ne of the town is nice as well as the 3 crab’s outside the shore. I would have liked a bit more mining possibilities. I guess a few workshops will have to be built. The islands outside the coasts look promising, hoping to establish the Dutch as the seafaring nation they are.

I choosed Animal husbandry as the first tech to research to utilise the cows. I began the game with a little dilemma, should I build a worker like I use to do or a workboat for all the surplus of food and trade, I vent for the workboat. Time will tell if this was the wrong move

"Picture comming"""

3940 BC
The game really had a slow start. Nothing was happening and I was wondering why. Were my friends even interested in playing this game? Later I found out that Alex had tried to call me all evening, accidentally I hade the phone on mute. Alex was having some difficulties ending his turn thus getting his save file. It all sorted out eventually, the plus side of it? I figured out who Alex was hello Mr Darius of the Persians.

3880 BC
In game
Continued to walk nw with my warrior, nothing else to report

Irl
I hade a chat with Johan today, he tells me has a list he created with an estimated percentage of what civ´s everyone has, im intrigued. I tried to make him tell who I am. His guess was the Dutch and the reasons he listed was.
1. The traits Creative and Financial. According to him this was my favourite one’s (He’s right, although I happen to like industrious a bit more).
2. He was highly suspicious that the Dutch started the game; he figured out that I wouldn’t want anything to go wrong in the start.

Obviously I denied everything.

3820 BC
In game
Continued to walk North with my war nothing else to report, Darius “Alex”, is immensely slow with making his moves. The irritation grows.

Irl
Talked a bit with Carlos, this guy is so damn tricky; I want to know what in game civ he has. He and Johan E are the more experienced civvers of the bunch so figuring them out would be nice. Carlos sends me all sorts of mixed signals so im still not sure, apparently Alex “Darius” had called him as well about his starting problems, so he had his civ figured out as well. Good job Alex.

3760 BC
In game
Darius “Alex” is slow as hell and my warrior continues to walk about, still nothing of value to report

Irl
I decided to talk with Alex “Darius” on msn and whine a bit about the slow moves. It turns out he works a bit odd hours sometimes and promised to try checking the savefile a bit more, cool. I’m happy.

3700 BC
In game
My Warrior made a very important discovery today; apparently I am neighbours with the Russians. One option now would be a rush and take them out. Although, im not entirely sure what impact that would have on the others of the game, how would they value me? it could be unwise to burn your diplomatic bridges so early on in the game. The Russians could also be a valuable ally against other states; he could work as my buffer zone. I think I will go with the saying “keep your friends close, but keep your enemies closer”. Time will tell if this also was a bad move. You owe me one Stalin.

Oh and my workboat is done.

"Picture comming"""

Irl
Well, since I found out that the Russians are my neighbour I will have to try and find out who that is irl.

3640 BC
In game
Continued North with my warrior, avoiding the Russians. Started to research mining

Irl
I still haven’t found out who the Russians are, although my suspicions falls onto Carlos, I base that on the timing I get the file (The Russians are doing their turn before me). Plus what he posts on our private forum, it’s so overly Carlos about his posts. Carlos has also just recently played the Russians in a completely other civ multiplayer direct ip session. It has to be him.

3580 BC
In game
Continued north with the warrior.

Irl
Talked to Niklas today, I’m trying to figure out what civ he has. Niklas was my former ally that also played the PBEM we won (link on top of the thread). We had a long nice talk about how fun we had back then; we decided to help each other out in this game as well. He told me he was The Americans and I told him I played the Dutch. (Only this time I am seriously considering backstabbing him sooner or later). With my newfound ally this game seems to start out nicely.

3520 BC
In game
Nothing important to report

Irl
Rather quiet day, nothing much to report

3460 BC
In game
Mining done, started to research Bronze working so I can chop some wood

Irl
Carlos made a guess today on who I am, which was the Dutch, I obviously laughed at it and denied it all, and agreed on a bet of 100 kr (about 14$) that I am not the Dutch.

3400 BC
In game
Nothing important to report

Irl
After having spent a while puzzling a few pieces together I think I have found out who Johan E is. Johan E is one of the more experienced Civ guys, among with Carlos “the Russian suspect”. I am pretty sure that Johan E is Charlemagne, reasons?
- The amount and type of post on the forum gives him away.
- The type of civ he chosed is so perfectly him, Protectionist and imperialistic, a bit cautious defensive player, imperialistic give faster settler production which is great for securing land early in the game
- The special unit and building is a very good combo. The Holy Roman Empire is an awesome civ imo.

3340 BC
In game
I beat the Russians to a hut and got to see more of the map. I was hoping for a settler or worker, tech or cash. But I found out from looking at the map that the Persians are NW from me.

"""Picture incommming"""

Irl
Called Carlos today, I told him up front that I was perfectly sure that he was my neighbour, the Russian. He denied of course in such a convincing way that I have to re evaluate his civ.

3280 BC
In game
The Americans tells me he can see the German borders, he will try and check if he can make a rush and take him out. This makes me a bit worried, and I am starting to take home my only defence as well.

Irl
Nothing much to report

3220 BC
In game
The game is on a halt, one of the dudes has to go to Florida on a course, and this made me 100% sure that The German was Johan B

Irl
Had Lunch with Johan E, we both disclosed what civ we were, I was right in guessing that he was The holy roman empire and he was right with his guess that I was the Dutch. He also disclosed that he had been lucky enough to find a settler in a hut. I quietly cursed his civilization.

3160 BC
In game
10 Days later
Intel tells me that the Americans are outside the city gates of Berlin and there is no sign of any defenders

Irl
Niklas is crying with happiness

3100 BC
In game
Fritz got blitzed

"""Picture incomming"""

Irl
Charlemagne wrote in our private forums that this event had happen and wowed to “figure out who this threat to us all was that wiped the Germans out”

3040 BC
In game
Close to home with my warrior, I haven’t established any contact with the Russians yet.

Irl
Not much to report

2980 BC
In game
Started to research Writing, I want to sign some open borders with the Russians, hopefully they will too.

Irl
Not much to report

2920 BC
In game
My warrior is almost in my lands again

Irl
Not much to report

Top Bottom