PC Jeux take on Civ 5

Sindhforces

Chieftain
Here is some extracted info from PC Jeux :

Spoiler :
Civ 5 is made for PC and, therefore, gameplay isn't lessened by any means.

Some experience was gained from Revolution and it will enhance the accessibility and staging of the game.

More clarity in the drawing of detroits, mountain passes and river tracks.

An "African-type" continent doesn't have anything to do with a nordic-type or an asian type continent.

Steep terrain will slow down your expansion.

Elizabeth will favor maritime supremacy.

Napoleon will build a BIG BIG -or a very huge- army.

Bismarck will maximize the industrial output of his nation.

Assimilation of a newly conquered city will make your "Overall Happiness" drop.

The military unit upkeep is also tied to the "Overall Happiness" mechanism.

No more "Spearmen defeated Tanks" since now an heavily damaged Tank will still be a hundred time more performing than an healthy Legion.[Off/HP]

Limited next war at the end of the game.

Religion, alongside with Ecology and Tyranny is a development model.

Religion path => Polytheism - Monotheism - Theocracy

Tyranny path => Despotism - Absolute Monarchy - Fascism

Traditonal path

Democratic path

And you'll be able to pick and play as STALIN too !

/\ As in the Civ4 mod. ie, you'll be able to train mecha-submarine-paratroopers-from-space units at the end of the game. Not my favourite piece of news...

You will be allowed to train "giant battlemechs" !

And, yes, PC jeux is a french mag.

And @ Truronian : What evidence do you have of space units ? Aren't you a bit hasty here ?

"Overall happiness" ?
I'm hoping for civil wars.

I like the idea of a sci-fi extension in the end-game. If you don't want to play it... win before then! :)

I'd much rather have mechs and archologies and laser and cyborg and clone technology than just be forced into "future tech 1, future tech 2, future tech 3".

I wonder if:
The military unit upkeep is also tied to the "Overall Happiness" mechanism.

means that a large military causes unhappiness. Would make sense.

Very interesting. And it looks like religion will still play a role, just not the one it had in Civ 4.

Why will it be ?

Is S 04 in EL this year ? I didn't ear of in the CL !

Well, somehow I like the idea of Battlemechs :)

Schalke:
This season: No europe at all :(

Next season:
EL? Almost for sure. CL will be challenging but definetely doable. Next 5 games will be pivotal

Ah so it seems that 'no religion' means more like 'no religion as we know it from Civ IV'.

What de we know so far then?
Less impact on diplomacy.
Features in the new Civ Tree or whatever you want to call it. The more I hear about this 'Civ Tree' the more I'm interested in it. Seems like the next big thing after Culture for III and religion for IV!

Thanks, Gedemo ! I like this cover a lot !

In the third page there is a montage where we can see the editor in the bismarck suit holding the picklebob -or whatever it is called- in the left hand.

I'm not sure. In fact, it appears to be a concept art for Bismarck that I misinterpreted. I'm sorry !

Top Bottom