"peer"

Columbkille

Chieftain
I just started to try playing multiplayer but I can't ever seem to get past the "peer" stage of connection.

What should I do? :confused:

I have the same problem. Go to the Multiplayer section of the forum there is a section entitled "troubleshooting connectivity". There is a list of fixes which might help a bit. I find it's easier to connect if I set up the game and lwait for people to connect to me. It might also help if you don't play at peak hours.

There are 4 ways.

1. Reboot Windows
2. Restart Civ4
3. ipconfig/release, ipconfig/renew (DOS Prompt)
4. avoid a bad peer host(Check ping value)

P.S.
The bad peer problem is your fault. Dont blame a Host.

First of all the resion there is bad peers in MP is becouse of firewall issues with that peer. If your firewall does not allow civ4 to go through port 2056 you will be a bad peer and bother other players when they play. The best way to get rid of bad peer is to try to incorege people to check and fix there firewalls.

There is another way to fix bad peer problem "Hamachi" its a software that allows play through IP with no bad peer problems go here to read more about it http://www.shadowsdominion.com

P.S. Hamachi also has its own civ4 lobby if you currently dont like the "Anorchy mess" we call a civ lobby http://civ4vpn.shadowsdominion.com/

injoy :)

(1) Turn of Anorchy!

I don't undertsnad all this "Bad Peer" crap, but people are often kicked for it:I can generaly join games, but sometimes it doenst works and i get "OMFG BLthmarl is Bad Peer!!!"

The game tends to stay on the list awhile.

Moderator Action: Smokey McDope, warned. No need for spelling/grammer police here.

Turner said:
Moderator Action: Smokey McDope, warned. No need for spelling/grammer police here.

That should be 'grammar' not 'grammer'.. ;)

The whole "he's the bad peer" thing in the chat is total BS.

This is what happens when nooblets try and figure something out using their own, made up in fantisy land theories.

Ive seen it too. Saying person X is the "bad peer" because it hangs when connecting to them.

Keep retrying over and over you will eventually get past it and be able to connect. Booting someone doesent solve the issue. I havent actually seen this in warlords, although it may exist.

I noticed in vanilla civ4 this would mainly happen on fri and sat nights, maybe it has something to do with the lobby server getting bogged down.

It definatly doesent mean some people are bad peers and some arent.

Alistic said:
The whole "he's the bad peer" thing in the chat is total BS.

This is what happens when nooblets try and figure something out using their own, made up in fantisy land theories.

Ive seen it too. Saying person X is the "bad peer" because it hangs when connecting to them.

Keep retrying over and over you will eventually get past it and be able to connect. Booting someone doesent solve the issue. I havent actually seen this in warlords, although it may exist.

I noticed in vanilla civ4 this would mainly happen on fri and sat nights, maybe it has something to do with the lobby server getting bogged down.

It definatly doesent mean some people are bad peers and some arent.

Well, it doesn't help some things remain unexplained.

Top Bottom