People in restaurant stand up for gay couple

I'm not gonna watch a 7 minute video.

Short summary?

"I actually have morals and standards."

"I believe you just lost your tip, asshat."

They missed out on some good zingers in this vid.

Wow, is "reality" tv even trying to hide that it's scripted now?

Edit: Never mind should have made it to a minute. Reality TV has that effect on me.

A couple of observations:

Regarding how folks were more likely to stand up for the women than the men, I can totally understand that. I expect men to deal with issues themselves and am not inclined to step up and assist unless I think they are in over their heads. Women on the other hand I won't hesitate to give a helping hand to even if they are doing fine on their own. I don't mean to be sexist with this attitude, because frankly that's how my mom raised me and I don't think anything my mom taught me can be sexist.

The New York/Texas comparison also doesn't surprise me. The visits I have made to the Mid-Atlantic Northeast of the country have convinced me that folks there are, by and large, far more reserved. This translates into folks like me initially taking them for being cold and aloof, but it's really not the case. They're just more reserved.

Kudos to Texas for showing New York how it's supposed to be done! :goodjob:

I thought that was good. Thanks for sharing :goodjob:

It will be a great day when same-sex couples are no longer refereed to as "far from conventional".

Very interesting that Texas was more tolerant and defensive of gay people than New York! I am ashamed of my home state.

Good to see that on a personal level, people can keep politics/faith separate from human decency. :)

There are times when I can say I'm proud to be a Texan. This is one of them. I was actually rather surprised at this.

It will be a great day when same-sex couples are no longer refereed to as "far from conventional".

Um by very definition they are far from conventional, so unless you decide to force people to be homosexual that is how it will remain

Um by very definition they are far from conventional, so unless you decide to force people to be homosexual that is how it will remain

Well I think he meant when people look upon it as an everyday thing, such as an interracial couple. That used to be considered odd and still is in some circles, but it has become increasingly more accepted.

You know, when your kids can see two men or two women with their children and won't ask "where's his/her dad/mommy?"

Though either way, not being conventional isn't a bad thing. It just makes you more unique.

This is that show where they set up situations and see how bystanders respond right?

Well I think he meant when people look upon it as an everyday thing, such as an interracial couple. That used to be considered odd and still is in some circles, but it has become increasingly more accepted.

You know, when your kids can see two men or two women with their children and won't ask "where's his/her dad/mommy?"

Though either way, not being conventional isn't a bad thing. It just makes you more unique.

homosexual marriage can't actually become even close to as common as interracial marriage, and it can't meet the definition of everyday either

homosexual marriage can't actually become even close to as common as interracial marriage, and it can't meet the definition of everyday either

What I mean by everyday is you don't go "omg" when you see it. When kids can look at gay couples and they don't ask "what is that?"

People become more liberal and openminded over time. Just as we became tolerant of interracial couples, we will become tolerant of homosexual couples. Anybody who says otherwise is in for one hell of a ride against the sands of time.

Very interesting that Texas was more tolerant and defensive of gay people than New York! I am ashamed of my home state.

Isn't New York full of bankers?

Isn't New York full of bankers?

You expect me to be ashamed of my home state being full of successful people? ;) :mischief:

Im really not ashamed of New York because of this. I can take care of myself. So Texans, you might be more willing to stand up for people, but I wasn't asking you to.

Back
Top Bottom