Perennial losers

Greece has always been a power house when I play against him. He manages his cities well and has many CS allies. Of course he often ends up a bit isolated because of the CS competition hit. Still he's pulling in more :c5food:, and thanks to patronage tree, :c5science: so he's doing okay.

This just happened in my current game. And I was the one who couldn't resist taking them! :ar15:

LOL. I've learned not to worry about Ramses in my games, it's always the Civ that denounces him first that I have to keep an eye on, as it will be the one to seize his capital and Wonders and put an end to his great culture start.

He's often the early runaway whose legs get chopped. I rarely attack him, but I often end up with his capital second-hand.

Alexander
Always
Gets
Destroyed

Seriously, this guy can NEVER catch a break. In GnK, he would always get steamrolled. In BNW, he always gets steamrolled. I often revive or help him, just our of sheer pity.

I hate every aspect about personality of this guy. By the way, it's amazing that theses few dozens numbers configured for each leader (backstab - 5 land flavour - 3 etc) can create such recognizable personalities :p

Also:
- Boudicca always completely sucks, I even rarely see her founding a religion :p
- Askia is brilliant in creating woeful "empires"
- Ramzes loves being steamrolled :p
- Gandhi is the biggest sissy in this game
- Hi Harald, nice boat, you seem to be a cool fisherman... Oh wait, you are the emperor... Forgive me my mistake, it's all because of your lack of achievements

Greece has always been a power house when I play against him. He manages his cities well and has many CS allies. Of course he often ends up a bit isolated because of the CS competition hit. Still he's pulling in more :c5food:, and thanks to patronage tree, :c5science: so he's doing okay.

He's often the top mid ranker in my games, more rarely a top-tier Civ. I love to have him around as it's one of the civs that can really interfere with my strategies and he provides a good mid-game challenge to overcome. He also likes to conquer or settle a city near me in the late game, especially if he picks Autocracy.

I guess it depends how the dice roll and maybe on play style (you might be very succesfull at preventing Venice from getting what the AI is good at handling it). I've got a few games playing Portugal with Venice as the runaway (culture and science) with a huge army/navy to protect its little enclave of 3 cities. In another game he was right behind me until Bismarck got Panzers and finally wiped him out.

I guess if things stay peaceful it might work. He doesn't seem very bright about what CSs he buys and often gets hate from other AIs for "settling too close". His UA makes it really easy for other civs (human and AI alike) to cherry pick his capital while their armies are at full strength since he rarely has a buffer between Venice and other civs' cities. I've seen Bismarck take Venice only a few turns after DoWing him. It really caught me off guard since the AI is rarely that efficient at war especially during an era when they don't have a UU (in this case it was the classical).

I just haven't seen him do well yet.

I do agree with you about Sweden. He'd be better if he didn't get feisty so early in the game. He should stay buddy buddy with people until he gets rifling then go on a rampage but he always seems to pick fights with stronger civs early on and never gets an upper hand because of it.

Top Bottom