Petition: Negative espionage weight

namliaM

Deity
Sometimes I just know that I am going to whipe out a civ... for example my nearest neighbour...

I just want to stop investing espionage into him, so I have to Jack up the weight on the other civs. Also when I meet new civs they remain (by default) at 0 => No espionage goes their way... atleast untill such time that I prioritize them too.

The easy way out would be that I could take my target and set his weight to a negative number. This way he is gone from espionage, but ... others are not... only one slider to change and new civs automagicaly share in the "wealth" of my espionage program :)

Alternatively if implementing a negative wieght would be to much work, new civs could start out at a higher than 0 weight rating i.e. 50 or 25. This would allow for "negative" or "less positive" to act as negative...

What do you think?

Easy- stick everyone up to '1' as standard, and raise, not lower, as needs must.

I agree with namliaM.

The default should be "1", as it will cause the same kind of distribution as the current "0".
Nevertheless, if the default is "1" then you have just to change the one nation's value, not for all the other 16

Maybe the only negative number should be -1? Where it basically means "Don't invest espionage points in this person no matter what" (except if they are the only civ)

I don't think Larklight's default being 1 idea is very good either, because everytime you met someone you'd need to manually go and set them to zero because you don't care about them.

Is it really that annoying? I think the system is fairly logical already.

I think it's easier to select leaders you want to focus on rather than pick leaders you don't want to focus on. I rarely have nonzero weights for any more than about 3 leaders.

I find it more annoying that each leader has to have their portrait there. When there are many leaders it's annoying to scroll up and down all the time and you can't see all the weights at once.

I don't think Larklight's default being 1 idea is very good either, because everytime you met someone you'd need to manually go and set them to zero because you don't care about them.

Well, in pracrise you only need to do it once you want to start concentrating on one person or a few- before that '0' is fine.

I think it's easier to select leaders you want to focus on rather than pick leaders you don't want to focus on. I rarely have nonzero weights for any more than about 3 leaders.

realy? I find it helps to keep it ticking over just in case- even with just one point to them. I think the cost ratios are logrithmic (just a guess) so even a small increase can have a large affect. Even when it's only one weight to a vassal, compared to ~20 to Suliman.

I find it more annoying that each leader has to have their portrait there. When there are many leaders it's annoying to scroll up and down all the time and you can't see all the weights at once.

That is annoying- a smaller portrate would be much better- more like the trade advisor.

I would like to be able to manually enter the weight. It's annoying to have to click up to, say 60 or 70 to get a significant differentiation (I had to focus on three civs but at a 1-10 ratio).

Top Bottom