1. Civ6 is coming out TODAY! Order now! (Amazon US | Amazon UK | Amazon CA | Amazon DE | Amazon FR)
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Main site is finally re-opened! We migrated it to a new CMS and gave it a new layout as well.
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Forum account upgrades are available for ad-free browsing.
    Dismiss Notice
  4. Downloads database has been migrated and re-opened! Check it out and post in Site Feedback if any issue. We have done URL re-write so that old links will continue to work.
    Dismiss Notice
  5. A new Civ6 theme forum style is now available and it's made the default forum style! Check it out and comment here.
    Dismiss Notice
  6. We have successfully migrated the forum from vBulletin to Xenforo! Please take a look around and report any issue you see in Site Feedback.
    Dismiss Notice

Phantom Colonist Bug

Discussion in 'Civ4Col - General Discussions' started by yturk39, Apr 21, 2012.

1. yturk39

yturk39 New Member

Oct 9, 2009
    Sometimes when I drag a colonist from the settlement screen to the garrison, or from the garrison screen to a ship it will vanish into thin air. The Settlement population remains the same, but basically the unit is invisible and produces NO BENEFIT WHATSOEVER to the colony.

I've had it happens twice now, once with a Master Tobbanconist, the second time with a Petty Criminal.

Does anyone else have this issue?
  2. dalgo

dalgo Active Member

Feb 23, 2002
    Auckland, New Zealand
    That is a strange problem and not one I have come across before. However there is something you can check if it happens again. Go to your Military Advisor (F5) and select 'Sort by Unit'. This groups all units of the same type together so you can page down to Master Tobcconist or whoever has gone missing, then click on each one and it will show you where they are on the map.

It may still not help, but it is something to try.
  3. Blind Side

Blind Side New Member

Dec 11, 2011
    Yes, I have had it happen to me.

Similarly I have clicked and dragged resources into the colony from a wagon or ship to the colony and it disappears as well.

I have found if one is very carefull with where the "drop" is done - all comes as expected. So it may be that the "drop point" is not recognized by the program and thus the colonist or product just goes to "bit heaven"