Pie's Ancient Europe

First of all, thanks to the pie_at for such a wonderful mod. I wish him every success, and most importantly forces continue in the same spirit.
Now the question: there is no map/scenario for 31civ or 18civ is max?:sad:

Because I am crazy, I decided to make a massive Europe map for this mod, even though there already was one (the XL map).

I have two versions going, both with 17 civs + barbs: one with the Britons and one with the Vandals instead.

I ended up having a lot of fun (mixed with frustration) making these. I hope some of you enjoy them half as much as I do.

p.s. The file names suck, sorry. I kept meaning to change them and never got 'round to it. Now my two kids are rampaging around the house and I can't deal. Gotta run!

-Arrian

Bah, I found a couple of mistakes (one was pretty significant - I had a lake blocking one of the passages through the Alps), so here are revised editions of the maps.

Attachments

• PIE Massive Arrian (in progress).CivBeyondSwordWBSave
    1.1 MB · Views: 47
  • PIE Massive Arrian (alt).CivBeyondSwordWBSave
    1.1 MB · Views: 58
Ok, I hope you had great holidays and wish you all a HAPPY NEW YEAR!

Soon I will be ready to upload a new patch with completely different gaming experiences ;)

Happy new year to you too! I am now playing one of Arrian's big maps. Turns are getting a bit slow :)

Yes. If there is no bug in there and my loyal German helpers say "it's ok", then the 3rd patch will be released.

Where is the patch 3 ranged attack cost coded? If it's in the DLL, do you publish the source? Edit: found it in CvEventManager.py.

Nice to hear!
If you will do patch 4, I will be glad to help you!
Really? Fine. ;) In which way can you help?

Where is the patch 3 ranged attack cost coded? If it's in the DLL, do you publish the source? Edit: found it in CvEventManager.py.
Correct. ;) But don't forget credits. It was difficult to find out, how to get that "mission" ;)
The texts for that is TXT_KEY_MISSION_RANGE_ATTACK_COSTS in PAEGameText_PAEV.xml

Release of Patch 3: I am sorry, there is a delay. I have to change some tiny details, but important and worth it!

Haven't even finished my glorious Armenian campain :eek: Looks like I have to speed up ... Great news btw =)

Texts! A good idea!
Go to my PAE Online Texttool.
On the right, mark English and another language (your favorite) and press SET.

You'll see 11 open texts that want to be translated into english!
Besides, where're you from? There are enough French and Italian texts waiting for translation! :thumbsup:

Pie,

I am enjoying my Pie Ancient PBEM!

So far the Romans are doing well in the Diadochi scenario.
I am looking for another PBEM or Pittboss Pie Ancient game; do you know of any?

(and probably two other players will be interested.. (academia and funky) )

^ I might be interested in that. You might also check the German forum.

Top Bottom