Pie's Ancient Europe

GOOD EVENING I HAVE A PROBLEM WITH THE CIVIIIRISEOFROME SCENARIO EACH TURN TAKES SEVEN MINUTES TO GO TO THE NEXT TURN CAN THAT BE FIXED?
MY COMPUTER IS MODERN IT IS NOT A PROBLEM OF REQUIREMENTS I THINK

Last edited:
Hi daniel,
do you use the latest patch? I always find some small bugs and fix them.

The Rise Of Rome scenario is on a huge map! I can imagine that this could last 7 min in late game.
I just tested the first 10 turns as Egyptian from beginning on:
1st: 11 sec
2nd: 8 sec
3rd: 7 sec
4th: 3 sec
5th: 4 sec
6th: 4 sec
7th: 8 sec (animal movement)
8th: 12sec (animal movement)
9th: 11 sec (animal movement)
10th: 11 sec (animals and barbs)

So perhaps you could deactivate some game options like friendly movement. this helps eg also when there are lots of animals in the early game phase.

Thank you so much for your reply!

Could you maybe drop the link here to the German thread? I am not sure where to find it. I hope It's ok I write in English. I understand 70% of what I read but writing is something different.
Of course! register and start discussions there ;)

Thank you Pie for this excelent mod. In my opinion it has the best ancient vibes (looking at you Rome TW, Imperator Rome, etc.). I have one question though. Can AI utilise all new features? I’ve noticed, that it can’t probably use battle formations. And are formations translated into odds? Because combat results are somewhat weird and I don’t see in pre-combat odds additional values given by specific use of respective formations. Thank you.

Yes, AI is programmed with all new features. But for the formations: I just give them mostly shield wall for instance. Because I don't know against whom they will fight... this feature is probably more a human one....
Formations are nothing else than promotions (the formations are included in the promotion.xml file). so this is for sure calculated.I don't know what the odds show you, but if you have a promo with +x% against eg. axes, than it should show a higher odd than if you don't have the bonus.

and thx a lot for the praise! I also love it more than all other ancient games or even newer civ versions....

Hi. I'm really enjoying this mod, but I've got an issue. Most games, at some point when I'm well into a marathon length game, I get stuck on a particular turn. I press the button to end my turn, but instead of the computer turn taking 10 seconds or so like usual, it gets stuck with the world icon just spinning indefinitely. I've tried leaving it for two hours, but it's still just stuck on the turn. I've tried going back a few turns and continuing from there, but usually I still run into that one turn where the game gets stuck, and if I don't, it just comes up again later. I'm using a huge map in windowed mode. Any tips on getting past this?

Oh, this looks like if the AI stays in a loop. I'd need a current save but I am afraid, I can't even open a save of an advanced huge map with my i5 notebook....I usually play normal speed and max. standard/big maps. never huge ones....

you could help me, by playing a standard map and try to play till this loop. Then I can debug it with your save.

Thanks PAE. I tried it with a large map and still got the problem. Trying to play through with a standard map now and will let you know if the problem re-occurs. However, when I was playing with the larger map, I noticed a few things:
- It's non-replicable. If I load up the same turn, more often than not the freeze won't occur. However, it will almost inevitably occur again after 3-15 turns.
- All animations stop when it occurs except the spinning globe symbol.
- I tried disabling piracy, as I'd seen this referenced as a unit type that tends to get into infinite loops, but it didn't improve the problem at all.

I'll let you know how I get on with a standard map. But in any case, fabulous mod!

Thx ;)

When you come to the point of loop again, you can set/unset the player's turn message one turn before, by pressing STRG-P.
this allows you to see which CIV is currently on turn.

Thank you Pie for this excelent mod. Please tell me how to reduce the frequency of appearance of barbarian mercenaries

Thx a lot yarillko! Try to have a good relationship to your known neighbours! they only send mercenaries if they are annoyed or furious.

Look into the PAE concepts under: Units-Mercenaries (Commission)

There you can find out everything about Barbarian mercenaries in PAE!

Please use the concept pedia or even the normal pedia in PAE, there are all features detailly explained. I've improved the pedia with more infos than in BTS.

Wonderful mod, exactly what i was looking for, started to play a couple of days ago, thank you for this great labour of love!!!

Thx!! Just a couple of days? ... hehe... you'll experience (funny and/or interesting) new things day by day (for a while) ;)

Damn it i can't stop playing! Going to sleep now its 4:00 am LOL ... i have to look some info on religion and how to manage it, well tbh i am not an experienced player of CIV 4, i have only played CIV 4 colonization actually. Ppl keep complainig because "we do not want foreign Gods" ... i have no clue how to solve this :) I confirm my first impression: GREAT mod!!!

EDIT: Why not study some on Civilopedia ... after all is only 4:30! Found everything on Religion as well, very well done Civilopedia! Religious ejectors FTW!

Last edited:
I am very sorry, but... you are now addicted to PAE.... :D

Last edited:
Top Bottom