Piety Enhanced mod

Alessio29

Chieftain
Hi!

Since I started playing Civ5 I was sad about simple fact: it's nearly impossible to play if you took Piety as your main social policy branch.

So I decided to create simple mod that allows you to choose Piety as starting policy and yet to be competitive with Liberty and Tradition.

This mod is quite simple - it is the first mod that I ever created. It's still subject to change.

Design goals was:

1. Made Piety playable starting social policy.
2. No to create imbalanced overpowered policy tree. (I feel this is general problem - I feel that most wonders/buildings/units added by mods are SO overpowered).
3. As long-term goal - add new Victory Condition - Religious for achieving which Piety would be suitable.

I would like to have some feedback.

Attachments

• Piety Enhanced.zip
    7.2 KB · Views: 40
This is not a balance or concept comment, but this will likely cause dump-fail of the individual file because of repeat of the same info:
Code:
	<Policy_BuildingClassProductionModifiers>
		<Row>
			<PolicyType>POLICY_PIETY</PolicyType>
			<BuildingClassType>BUILDINGCLASS_SHRINE</BuildingClassType>
			<ProductionModifier>66</ProductionModifier>
		</Row>
		<Row>
			<PolicyType>POLICY_PIETY</PolicyType>
			<BuildingClassType>BUILDINGCLASS_SHRINE</BuildingClassType>
			<ProductionModifier>66</ProductionModifier>
		</Row>
	</Policy_BuildingClassProductionModifiers>
.......................................................................................................................................

Yields here have to be stated in a format of 100 = 1 , 200 = 2, etc. Meaning that you have to have <Yield>100</Yield>, or <Yield>200</Yield> instead of <Yield>1</Yield>, or <Yield>2</Yield>. Reference the Candi building and the method used for it with this table:
Code:
	<Building_YieldChangesPerReligion>
		<Row>
			<BuildingType>BUILDING_SHRINE</BuildingType>
			<YieldType>YIELD_FOOD</YieldType>
			<Yield>1</Yield>
		</Row>
		<Row>
			<BuildingType>BUILDING_TEMPLE</BuildingType>
			<Yield>2</Yield>
		</Row>
	</Building_YieldChangesPerReligion>
.......................................................................................................................................

Where you are re-naming the policies you'll also probably want to add a tag update in the <Language_en_US> (& RU & ES) for the <Description> column of the policy, such as the one here I pulled from the top of the Policies.xml
Code:
			<Type>POLICY_LIBERTY</Type>
			<Description>TXT_KEY_POLICY_BRANCH_LIBERTY</Description>
so if you were going to re-name the Liberty Policy Branch to something else in-game you might also want to do
Code:
	<Language_en_US>
		<Update>
			<Where Tag="TXT_KEY_POLICY_BRANCH_LIBERTY" />
			<Set Text="[COLOR_POSITIVE_TEXT]Some Kind of Craziness[ENDCOLOR]" />
		</Update>
	</Language_en_US>

Thanks for your comments. I've fixed doubling (it obviously temple in the second record).

As for second notice - I think it can be done with replacing <Building_YieldChangesPerReligion> tag with <Policy_BuildingClassYieldChanges> tag

Code:
<Policy_BuildingClassYieldChanges>
		<Row>
			<Yield>1</Yield>
		</Row>
		<Row>
			<Yield>2</Yield>
		</Row>
</Policy_BuildingClassYieldChanges>

About renaming policies - I do not understand your point - can you clarify please?

Generally - I played this evening a little bit with this mod and I think it makes Piety too powerful..

Update: is there anychance to understand - why +1 Culture for Shrines from Opener does not shown when you hover mouse pointer over Shrine picture but +1 Science (aquired from another policy) - is shown?

Thanks for your comments. I've fixed doubling (it obviously temple in the second record).

As for second notice - I think it can be done with replacing <Building_YieldChangesPerReligion> tag with <Policy_BuildingClassYieldChanges> tag

Code:
<Policy_BuildingClassYieldChanges>
		<Row>
			<Yield>1</Yield>
		</Row>
		<Row>
			<Yield>2</Yield>
		</Row>
</Policy_BuildingClassYieldChanges>

Except that you'll need BUILDINGCLASS_SHRINE and BUILDINGCLASS_TEMPLE for the <Policy_BuildingClassYieldChanges> table.
About renaming policies - I do not understand your point - can you clarify please?
For example in file LoavesnFishes.xml you have this:
Code:
	<Language_en_US>
		<Update>
			<Where Tag="TXT_KEY_POLICY_REFORMATION_HELP" />
			<Set Text="[COLOR="Blue"][COLOR_POSITIVE_TEXT]Loaves and Fishes[ENDCOLOR][/COLOR]
				 [NEWLINE][ICON_BULLET]+1 [ICON_FOOD] Food from Shrines.
				 [NEWLINE][ICON_BULLET]+2 [ICON_FOOD] Food from Temples."
				 />
		</Update>
	</Language_en_US>
which I am interpretting as also doing a re-name of what appears to the player for the POLICY_REFORMATION from "Reformation" to "Loaves and Fishes". But if you do not also have an <Update> of the <Description> tag for the POLICY_REFORMATION the player will be seeing both the original name of the policy as made by Firaxis as well as your "Loaves and Fishes" in the Help pop-up. To adjust the in-game player-viewed name of the policy, you would also need to have an <Update> such as this (the blue part):
Code:
	<Language_en_US>
[COLOR="blue"]		<Update>
			<Where Tag="TXT_KEY_POLICY_REFORMATION" />
			<Set Text="[COLOR_POSITIVE_TEXT]Loaves and Fishes[ENDCOLOR] />
		</Update>[/COLOR]
		<Update>
			<Where Tag="TXT_KEY_POLICY_REFORMATION_HELP" />
			<Set Text="[COLOR="Red"][COLOR_POSITIVE_TEXT]Loaves and Fishes[ENDCOLOR][/COLOR]
				 [NEWLINE][ICON_BULLET]+1 [ICON_FOOD] Food from Shrines.
				 [NEWLINE][ICON_BULLET]+2 [ICON_FOOD] Food from Temples."
				 />
		</Update>
	</Language_en_US>
And the part shown in red might be redundant and you can maybe eliminate it.

And the part shown in red might be redundant and you can maybe eliminate it.

You'll need both. The title of the policy is displayed in all of the vanilla help texts, and not inserted automatically through the description.

Top Bottom