pilage city

bill2505

King
something like this may i exist but i have some suggestion
when you defeat a rival city you can pillage it.
you get
1 a % of the stored food and a % of the food that is going to be produced at that turn for the city to the capital . some promotion will increase the %
2 some % as slaves. promotion will increase it a bit
3 % money based on the production of the city
4 % sciense based of the science on the city
5 some % production

then the city is leaved nearly destroyed to the one it belonged it

It isn't really important to gameplay, but it isn't a bad idea.

something like this may i exist but i have some suggestion
when you defeat a rival city you can pillage it.
you get
1 a % of the stored food and a % of the food that is going to be produced at that turn for the city to the capital . some promotion will increase the %
2 some % as slaves. promotion will increase it a bit
3 % money based on the production of the city
4 % sciense based of the science on the city
5 some % production

then the city is leaved nearly destroyed to the one it belonged it

I am working on getting some of this sort of thing from raising a city. It could easily be extended to the pillage option if we had one.

Why is it important? I just thought it was one of those words with two spellings (English verses American English).

Did you do the above purposely?:mischief:

"Raze" means level to the ground, and is Latin in origin. "Raise" means the exact opposite, and is Norse in origin.

Well... you can already take the city, sell off all the buildings and destroy it. If the enemy knows a tech you don't, by taking it you've earned most of that tech already. I suppose you don't get a food bonus from razing a city. (and yes, the two words are not a difference in British vs American spellings but are really two entirely different terms and generally opposite in meaning.)

In fact the difference regarding this term in Britishism/Australianism vs Americanism is the pronunciation. The British/Australian way to pronounce the term sounds like Raz while the American sounds like Raise.

The city should be left with a significantly lower population than before, but should not be destroyed completely. Also, the option should be called "Sacking". I think that the OP wishes to propose an ability to order an action analagous to the Sack of Rome.

Top Bottom