Pit Boss / Hamachi Question

Asile

Chieftain
I have recently discovered Pit Boss, and I love the concept! However, I am having trouble connecting with my friend to play over the Internet. Having read several posts in these forums, it seemed that Hamachi would do the trick. However, it is not quite working perfectly.

Pit Boss is running on one machine at my friend's house. My friend plays on another machine at the same house as the server (that means behind the same router), while I play at my house (different router). Using Hamachi, I am able to connect to the server using either LAN or Direct IP. My friend is also able to connect. However, we are not both able to connect at the same time. There are many times we are both available and would like to play live, so we would like to resolve this.

If one of us is logged on to the game, then when the other tries to connect, it appears to work, but gets stuck at "Connecting to established peer (name)." and times out. I have followed the directions at http://logmeinwiki.com/wiki/Hamachi:Gaming, but the result is the same. However, if I play at my friend's house (so all three computers - server, friend's computer, and my computer - are behind the same router), then everything works fine. So I know that the game works, and I'm sure that I am simply missing something in the network / Hamachi configurations.

I know that several of you are successfully running Pit Boss games; has anyone run across this issue? What did you do to resolve it?

Server = XP Pro 32bit
Friend's computer = Vista Home Premium 64bit
My computer = XP Pro 32bit

Thank you very much!

Ah ha! I think I understand now... Hamachi allows me to contact the Pit Boss server so I can play the game, but I also need to be able to reach my friend's computer.

We forward ports 2033 and 2056 from my friend's router to his computer (not the server) and it worked perfectly. Thanks! :)

Top Bottom