[BNW] Placing Specific City States onto the map in the world builder spawns random ones in-game instead

Karatekid5

Warlord
I'm making a map and have several city-states (each with multiple cities, though single-city ones are affected by this, too) with multiple cities manually placed, with their cultural borders set. However, when I actually load up my map in-game, none of my manually placed city-states are there. The cities and cultural borders are there, but the city-state occupying the slot is completely different! For example, here is my N.Sanity Island city-state, which I created myself and manually placed on the map here:

And here are the settings in the world builder, along with the list of city-states in this game. All of their teams are set to the correct numbers and specifically N. Sanity Island is set as the "civilization" for this slot. Everything should be normal, right?

However, whenever I load up the game, N. Sanity Island's borders were completely owned by Whoville (a city-state not even in the list) instead! Take note of Avalar right next door which has also changed into a completely different city-state as well.

Spoiler :

I assumed that maybe there was some hard-coded nonsense with city-states, so I tried placing a Vanilla city-state on the map. Plopped down a single-city Wittenberg and in game it spawned as Singapore....

I couldn't find any information about this online, and I tried opening other scenarios in the Worldbuilder just to get the infamous "Red X White Box" error on all of them. Anyone know what might be happening here? Everything else about the map works but this in particular is driving me crazy!

EDIT: I FOUND THE PROBLEM! The issue was that I had WHoward's 43 Civilizations Custom DLL loaded at the time. Everything worked as normal once I disabled it! Leaving this as a reference for anyone in the future who runs into the same issue!

Last edited:
Top Bottom