Planes bug

WarMonkeY

Emperor
Hi

When bombing the crap out of russia, i suddenly found a bug allowing me to station aircraft anywhere on the map.
Only thing i had to do was to place it there "very fast"
Appearantly, the game uses a very tiny moment to realize that the plane cannot be stationed somewhere.

Interesting screenshot. You should post a save game to see if the bug can be replicated....

Ok time for an update.

1. The link doesn't work right, I had to copy and paste the address into my browser to be able to dowla the save game.

2. When I tried to load the game my civ3 crashed.... so I can't help you out on this one.

BTW, which version are you using? Did you patch your civ3 up to version 1.29 before installing conquests?
Which conquests pack are u using?

Hope someone can help you out on this potential bug

Update part II

Tried loading the game again, this time no crash :)

Wasn't able to relocate planes but the ones already relocated near the russian city functionned normally... so the verdict is undecided...:confused:

BTW, welcome to Civ fanatics...

BTW, welcome to Civ fanatics...

Thank you :)

Wasn't able to relocate planes but the ones already relocated near the russian city functionned normally... so the verdict is undecided...

You have to press "shift-r", "b" or "a" or whatever shortcut the function has and place it almost simoultaniously

After a bit of testing i found out this:

-When "exploiting" the bug by using bombard from either boats, planes or artillery, you get the animation and the unit uses its move, but you get no damage whatsoever

-Works with paratroopers and helicopters as well

Am i the only one realizing that if exploitning this bug, it is quite easy to place a real lot of infantry anywhere on the map by using some helicopters?

Originally posted by WarMonkeY

You have to press "shift-r", "b" or "a" or whatever shortcut the function has and place it almost simoultaniously

I tried this, the shortcut is shift-r but it doesn't work. my guess is a version issue... which patch do you have? And did you patch your civ3 to version 1.29? In my opinion this is probably the answer.

Top Bottom