Planetfall

I never had any errors in the first place, and it runs quite well. Perhaps if you made sure your cache was cleared properly it would help?

( I think you clear your cache by holding down shift while the game is loading, I may be wrong )

deleting my cache doesn't seem to change anything.

hmm... I wonder what the problem is. I have vista, but I doubt that would have anything to do with it. I've also edited the .ini file so that BTS uses more memory, but I don't know.

My computer is fast enough (C2D, 8600gt, 3gigs ram) but I do have XP home, so I will redownload/install and try again.

When you forget about the asserts, and as long as you don't try using needlejets or the unit workshop, the game is perfectly stable with me. Wouldn't know why you're having all these problems. :confused:

I believe, though I am not sure, that I do not have 3.13 installed (I thought I did). I am downloading it now.

I was confused about the roads for a while. I couldn't go any faster on them than on non-rocky terrain. At first I thought they weren't working at all. Then I figures the roads may have been modded. I checked the civilopedia, but the info on roads and such were rather vague. I then checked the tech tree and sure enough, Reconnaissance increases road movement speed by 1. I'm guessing there's no prerequisite to actually build roads as there shouldn't be a prerequisite to use resources, for with gathering depends on a road network. That's pretty clever. :3

I was just wondering something. About psi units' 50% attack bonus in fungus.

Are non-infantry units supposed to be more vulnerable than normal in fungus? If so, then is anyone working on modding the pathfinding AI to try to avoid fungus? If not, then might someone mod psi units' 50% fungus attack to only apply to units that can get defensive bonuses?

Hi,

first of all I am really impressed with the progress from the previous version ^^
Just wanted to say I could build a Field Lab on Fruits resources without the knowledge of Xenobiology.

Finally had the time to play a game :) - some quick observations:

- So far I had no crush, no assertion failures or whatsoever - thats great work, guys ! :D

- Both industrial base and High intensity lasers are supposed to reveal Helium - is this a bug or a feature ?

- Obsoleted units are gone from the main city screen - nice work there, thats really awesome ! <3
But sadly obsolety units are still shown in the advisor screen that pops up as soon as a city finished its production queue. Is there a way to get rid of those obsolete units in there, too ?

- Isles of the deep are pirate frigates - I guess thats intended right now, isn't it ? ;)

And a small question:
I remember the SMAC-tech-tree not being the most lucid, but is there a secret how to read the arrows in the tech tree ?
So far there are quite alot of techs that don't need any of the techs an arrow comes from. E.g.: To research Neddlejet you actually don't need to have researched organic Fuels, but still it's connected :confused:

first off, hats off to you and the team involved in bringing back SMAC, even partially. I really missed that game and this port/recoding looks great so far!
(I do miss the Wonder movies...darn it...)

Now...the bug reports...I have read about 5 pages of this thread, so don't flame me...just didn't have patience for all 19...and it seems some others are getting the "assert" errors that I am getting, so...I have tried to scribble down when these asserts kicked in:

=========================================================
Assert Failed (missed the reason)

File: g:\games\sid meier's civilization 4\beyond the sword\mods\_pf bts\tmp\sdk_bts\cvgamecoredll\cvplayer.cpp
Line: 11834
Expression: getImprovementYieldChange(eIndex1, eIndex2) >= 0
----------------------------------------------------------
changing to Free Trade gave these (3) errors:
Assert Failed

File: g:\games\sid meier's civilization 4\beyond the sword\mods\_pf bts\tmp\sdk_bts\cvgamecoredll\cvcity.cpp
Line: 8007
Expression: iNewValue >= 0

Assert Failed

File: g:\games\sid meier's civilization 4\beyond the sword\mods\_pf bts\tmp\sdk_bts\cvgamecoredll\cvcity.cpp
Line: 8008
Expression: ((iNewValue * 100) / 100) >= 0

Assert Failed

Line: 8011
Expression: getYieldRate(eIndex) >= 0
after combat with a Hive naval vessel:

Assert Failed

File: g:\games\sid meier's civilization 4\beyond the sword\mods\_pf bts\tmp\sdk_bts\cvgamecoredll\cvarea.cpp
Line: 644
Expression: getPower(eIndex) >= 0
after a fungal bloom?
Assert Failed

File: g:\games\sid meier's civilization 4\beyond the sword\mods\_pf bts\tmp\sdk_bts\cvgamecoredll\cvunitai.cpp
Line: 16364
Expression: false

Finally had the time to play a game :) - some quick observations:

- So far I had no crush, no assertion failures or whatsoever - thats great work, guys ! :D

- Both industrial base and High intensity lasers are supposed to reveal Helium - is this a bug or a feature ?

- Obsoleted units are gone from the main city screen - nice work there, thats really awesome ! <3
But sadly obsolety units are still shown in the advisor screen that pops up as soon as a city finished its production queue. Is there a way to get rid of those obsolete units in there, too ?

- Isles of the deep are pirate frigates - I guess thats intended right now, isn't it ? ;)

And a small question:
I remember the SMAC-tech-tree not being the most lucid, but is there a secret how to read the arrows in the tech tree ?
So far there are quite alot of techs that don't need any of the techs an arrow comes from. E.g.: To research Neddlejet you actually don't need to have researched organic Fuels, but still it's connected :confused:

All units that lack custom model use base models (like those frigates). It's temporary.

It looks like you do not know how does the civilization tech tree work.
Arrow indicates ORprerequisite, while ANDprerequisite is shown in the box on the name panel of the tech.

I have had some assert errors, but they are already posted. The unit workshop works fairly well- I don't have any errors and so far saved games load normally. It is about the slickest thing I have seen so far in a unit mod.

I was just wondering something. About psi units' 50% attack bonus in fungus.

Are non-infantry units supposed to be more vulnerable than normal in fungus? If so, then is anyone working on modding the pathfinding AI to try to avoid fungus? If not, then might someone mod psi units' 50% fungus attack to only apply to units that can get defensive bonuses?

In SMAC units had a 50% defense bonus on fungus against conventional, but when fighting native life the worms got a 50% attack bonus. I guess most preferable would be the same here: infantry losing their defensive bonus on fungus when fighting psi. Unfortunately I don't see how this coud be done.

Just wanted to say I could build a Field Lab on Fruits resources without the knowledge of Xenobiology.

That's normal. The tech tree claims it wrong. You don't need any tech to build a Field Lab. You do need Xenobiology to connect the resource to your trade network though.

Feature.

Yeah I noticed that too. Unfortunately nothing I can do about it. :(

And a small question:

If the prereq in the right upper side of the box has a yellow rectangle around it, it's an AND-prereq. Everything else is an OR-prereq.

Now...the bug reports...I have read about 5 pages of this thread, so don't flame me...just didn't have patience for all 19...and it seems some others are getting the "assert" errors that I am getting, so...I have tried to scribble down when these asserts kicked in:

Thanks for the list. :) I'm getting the impression a lot of these asserts aren't actual bugs, but the game for some reason *thinking* there is a problem. :confused:

I have had some assert errors, but they are already posted. The unit workshop works fairly well- I don't have any errors and so far saved games load normally. It is about the slickest thing I have seen so far in a unit mod.

'Normally' if you create a new design in the workshop, shut down your computer and then later try to reload a save with that design, it should crash. :hmm:

Planetfall Patch a for Version 4

Should be installed over the main Planetfall v4 installation.

Changelog:

Spoiler :
1. Nuclear Plant no longer requires Uranium.
2. Command Center no longer gives +1 Happy with Police State.
3. Unit production bonus for having a certain resource reduced.
4. Extra yield from building greenhouses, resorts and field labs on certain resources reduced.
5. The Accuracy promotion does not require the Combat promotion.
6. Nuclear Plant gives credits, not energy.
7. Rec Commons, Holo Theatre and Rejuve Tanks only give +1 happiness.
8. Punishment Sphere gives +1 happiness.
9. Boreholes produce one extra mineral on rocky terrain.
10. Sea Windmill only gives +1 energy at start. +1 energy with Kinematics.
11. Wealth now gives +100% trade yield.
12. Homo Superior now founded by Gene Splicing.
13. Barbarian spore launchers on a unity pod turn into fungal towers.
14. Democratic civic now requires Polymorphic Software.
15. Planned civic now requires Neural Grafting.
16. Dimensional Gate bonus doubles Dimensional Gate building production.
17. Military Academy re-added.
18. Chopper chassis starts with three movement points. Increased by two with Nanominiaturization.
19. Native Life starts with extra XP equal to the positive Planet value of the base that builds it. Maximum starting XP this way can't exceed 10.
20. Native Life automatically and gradually gains XP until it reaches 10 XP.
21. Native Life cost increased by 50%. Needs testing of course.
22. Hybrid Ecology tech removed.
23. Gold hurrying can be done for two gold per mineral.
24. The Nanites tech allows gold hurrying. (Hopefully temporary) this requires switching to the Nanites civic in the 'Temporary' category.
25. Forts are now units similar to Final Frontier starbases.
26. Spore Launchers can Evolve into Fungal Towers (a build order similar to the way forts are handled)
27. Overseas trade route modifier removed.
28. Solar Power Transmitter is now a unit which automatically gives the building of same name to the base its in.
29. White Pines council added. Membership through running the Hybrid Ecology civic. Ideas for better name appreciated.
30. Prototype/test victory added: if the Flowering Counter reaches 100, and you're part of the White Pines council, you win.
31. Non-state religions cause -1 happiness.
32. Some buildings allow an extra bonus when a specific religion is present.
33. Some civics give extra happiness to the religious buildings mentioned in the previous point.
34. Coast renamed to Shelf.
35. Trench water terrain type added. No fitting graphics yet though.
36. Sea Borehole terrain improvement added.
37. Submarines get a 25% combat bonus in trenches.
38. Foils get a 10% combat bonus in shelfs.
39. Resources have an inherent hap/health benefit. Let's see if this improves AI performance.

Planetfall is brought to you by:

Don't forget that we're always looking for help with Planetfall.

The mod could for instance at this point very much use:

• SDKers
  • a graphics coordinator
  • a button maker
  • a gamefont.tga graphics artist

If planetfall is brought to you by apolyton, then when I go to apolyton to dl the main file it takes me back to CF.C. Seems it is brought to us by CF.C :) The link to the patch a might be at Apolyton but it is a broken link.

Damn I cant find my SMAC and ailen crossfire disks right off hand. I would like to use the sound files. Guess I would keep looking if someone doesn't add the files to the mod. Hell worst case scenario Firaxis tells you to remove thier files then you could go back to telling everyone to link copy thier own SMAC directories.

Ah, well, I don't ever shut off my computer, I just leave it on... that might explain it.

If planetfall is brought to you by apolyton, then when I go to apolyton to dl the main file it takes me back to CF.C. Seems it is brought to us by CF.C :) The link to the patch a might be at Apolyton but it is a broken link.

Woops link to the patch fixed.

The Planetfall main file and patch are hosted on Apolyton. I figure the least I can do is give some "advertising" in return. The main file goes through the CFC download database first to get an idea of the number of downloads.

Personally I don't particularly want to be on CFC. I'd prefer you all posted here instead. ;) You'll make DanQ happier by giving some extra traffic to his site.

Ah, well, I don't ever shut off my computer, I just leave it on... that might explain it.

I gather you aren't a fan of the Green Economy social engineering choice. :p

Top Bottom