Planting Herds

JosEPh_II

TBS WarLord
I need info that I'm not getting from the pedia about How to plant a herd animal.

I have a subdued Ram. I have researched Animal Husbandry and Weaving. Yet I can not Plant the Ram as a herd.

Is the Ram not considered a Herd Animal to be able to Plant a herd? And if so why not?

Or have they been overlooked in being given the code to do a Plant Herd option?

Are only subdued Horses, cow, pigs, and sheep allowed to be planted? If only sheep why not Rams too?

Captured Ram is the unit that plants Sheep; there's no separate Sheep animal because I was trying to separate the animal units from the resources.

Is there a particular tile that you are trying to plant on? An animal can only plant a herd on a tile that could naturally spawn that resource during world generation. Sheep can't spawn on forest or jungle tiles, so you can't plant a Ram on those tiles without clearing the feature first.

One other thing I discovered when testing out the plant herd feature is that you can't plant a herd on a tile with an unrevealed resource. It is possible although cumbersome to use a captured animal as a sort of "metal detector" for unrevealed resources, but the tile has to be within your cultural borders and it has to be a tile that could otherwise legally spawn the resource.

I cleared a forest/grassland tile next to my Capital city but as of yet no luck. So that tile may have another resource show up later then. Unfortunately all the tiles around my capital and 2nd city are forest or Jungle so I would have to clear cut them to find a usable tile it would seem.

And Thank you Vokarya for the answer. :)

Top Bottom