Please help me reinstall without losing stuff -.-

lindsay40k

Emperor
I fluffed a mod installation. Deleting the mod and reinstalling it doesn't fix the problem. Reinstalling BTS is a more inviting solution than tedious directory trawling. I don't want to lose my saves, scoreboard, settings or maps; basically I want the new installation to be exactly as things are now, except with a blank slate regarding mods. Which directories do I need to archive before uninstalling and restore afterwards? Is having Steam Delete Local Content my best bet for the uninstall?

Your saves, scoreboards, and settings are all in the CIV sub folder in your Documents folder, so save that entire folder except the mods folder subfolder in it, if you want to dump the mods. The maps are in either the Public Maps sub folder in the aforementioned CIV folder ( so they will be saved along with the rest of the folder) or in the Public Maps sub folder in the CIV folder in your Applications folder, which is where the actual game program files are located (so look in it and save all the maps that you have added). The easiest way to save the CIV folder in your Documents folder is to rename it before you reinstall to something else. For example, just adding a "1" at the end of the folder name will do that fine. After you reinstall, delete the CIV sub folder in the Documents folder that the game will create and rename your old folder back to the CIV name. As for the maps in the Applications folder, you will need to copy or move them elsewhere and then move them back into the new Public Maps folder after the reinstall. BTW, these locations are for the disk based game. If you are using the Steam version, you will have to find where Steam has put the game, since it does not use the Application folder.

Top Bottom