CivAddiction’s Multiplayer Modpack – CP+CSD+C4DF+Serp’s+And More!

I'm fairly certain alot of the CTD's and Desyncs are being caused by Community Patch in one way or another, as alot of the desync'd variables are core to Civ 5 gameplay that most of the other mods don't touch. Community Patch is not multiplayer compatible out of the box by any means as far as I can tell, and I don't think replacing math.random is enough to get it to a state where it is.

I'm fairly certain alot of the CTD's and Desyncs are being caused by Community Patch in one way or another, as alot of the desync'd variables are core to Civ 5 gameplay that most of the other mods don't touch. Community Patch is not multiplayer compatible out of the box by any means as far as I can tell, and I don't think replacing math.random is enough to get it to a state where it is.

Finished the latest update and so far, zero log errors in singleplayer. I still need to test multiplayer, but as soon as I do, I'll put the update up. You may be right looter but I'm hopeful I can get it to a minimal level.

Happily awaiting new version. In singleplayer I am using mod Reduced unit graphics on top of your compilation https://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=125547007 If it is not too much work, can you make small optimal patch with this mod so we can use it in multiplayer game with my gf? I do like to zoom on units and watch them fighting. Your choice with R.E.D. is awesome but even if far more realistic they are too small :sad:

Bad news, while single player worked flawlessly, the multiplayer was plagued with CTDs and desyncs right out the gate. I suspect something has changed in the new Community Patch as that was the major upgrade I implemented. As such, I will not be able to post an update yet. Sorry!

CP 13/10 wasn't very stable in MP, maybe the new version 23/10 works better?

CP 13/10 wasn't very stable in MP, maybe the new version 23/10 works better?

I have abandoned Community Patch for just the Combined DLL and its working flawlessly. Only weird thing is that I wasn't able to set up a Local Network game. It would revert to an Internet game even if I select Local Network. That said, there are zero desyncs in the net_message_debug.log and no errors in LUA or XML so far in my test multiplayer game. I was even able to restore the Great Diplomat functionality of CSD. I have added a few more PickNMix mods to restore some of the changes that came along with Community Patch. So far everything is working great and if everything continues to work, I'll upload what I've got.

Edit: I have uploaded the the latest version to the first post. Be aware, I played 167 turns in a two player multiplayer game. I encountered a CTD on turn 126 due to a 'game random # generator out of sync: local.seed' (no desyncs were indicated in the net_message_debug.log prior to this turn). I was able to recover from it without any further desyncs by having all players exit the game, the host reload an autosave from a turn before the CTD occurred, and then have the other player get back into the game. Altogether, I played 162 turns (so far), I kept an eye on the net_message_debug.log. A few units did go out of sync a total of 5 times out of 162~ turns. The variables that went out of sync included CvUnit::m_iAttackModifier, CvUnit::m_iDefenseModifier, CvUnit::m_iExperiencePercent, CvUnit::m_iDamage, CvUnit::m_iExperience. Only one actual in game desync occurred as a result of these logged desyncs on Turn 150. After the game desynced, it resumed normally with no further desyncing. While not perfect, this was far, far better than what I was seeing with Community Patch

Happily awaiting new version. In singleplayer I am using mod Reduced unit graphics on top of your compilation https://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=125547007 If it is not too much work, can you make small optimal patch with this mod so we can use it in multiplayer game with my gf? I do like to zoom on units and watch them fighting. Your choice with R.E.D. is awesome but even if far more realistic they are too small :sad:

Yes, I will consider it. I didn't want to add any additional mods until I got the CTD and desyncing thing taken care of first so probably by the next version.

MP crashed with a font issue despite having the CD soundtrack added in.

Not sure what's causing it (deleted cache and everything) but I found a city and am unable to build anything on the first turn, which prevents the game from being able to progress. Tried two different games, one with Brazil and one with Japan, and both suffered from the same problem. I did try to sneaky-sneaky cheat in some More Wonders, so that may be the culprit, but I attempted two games without them (one as Shoshone and one as Morocco) and it crashed to desktop on the DoM without a freeze-up and "Civ V is not responding" error message.

EDIT: Nah, I fixed it. Thought I'd removed EUI before testing but just realized it was still in the DLC folder. Haven't tested yet, but everything should be good now. :thumbsup:

Glad you figured that out. I added a 'Common Problems' section to the top post to address just this sort of thing. I'm curious about what you said about the Farm Improvement mod being unnecessary now. Is there somewhere I can read about that? Anyways, try the newest version, should prove much more stable in multiplayer.

Yes, I will consider it. I didn't want to add any additional mods until I got the CTD and desyncing thing taken care of first so probably by the next version.

Glad you figured that out. I added a 'Common Problems' section to the top post to address just this sort of thing. I'm curious about what you said about the Farm Improvement mod being unnecessary now. Is there somewhere I can read about that? Anyways, try the newest version, should prove much more stable in multiplayer.
I'm not sure if it is still needed for MP, but Firaxis fixed the farmm issue that caused Whoward to create that PickNMix mod awhile ago in an official patch - it was an issue related to creating custom Civ mod improvements akin to a Kasbah or Maoi (that type of on-map improvement) that would completely mess with the game's ability to correctly load the farm graphics. Whoward's mod would instead load random plantation graphics (like Sugar or Tobacco with More Luxuries; I saw those two a lot when I was using it pre-fix). But now that the problem has been fixed (and that was last year), it isn't necessary. And it only affected custom civ mods mainly, so it wouldn't be necessary here anyways since it doesn't add any. :p

I'm not sure if it is still needed for MP, but Firaxis fixed the farmm issue that caused Whoward to create that PickNMix mod awhile ago in an official patch - it was an issue related to creating custom Civ mod improvements akin to a Kasbah or Maoi (that type of on-map improvement) that would completely mess with the game's ability to correctly load the farm graphics. Whoward's mod would instead load random plantation graphics (like Sugar or Tobacco with More Luxuries; I saw those two a lot when I was using it pre-fix). But now that the problem has been fixed (and that was last year), it isn't necessary. And it only affected custom civ mods mainly, so it wouldn't be necessary here anyways since it doesn't add any. :p

In my modpack the farm replacement mod is necessary. I tried it without it and the result is missing farm graphics at the plots.
I can't say, why it is needed in my pack, maybe because of the combination of mods.

I'm having an issue when I first load up a game and build a city I can't click the production button. If I go to the city screen there's nothing in the building list. Can anyone help?

I'm having an issue when I first load up a game and build a city I can't click the production button. If I go to the city screen there's nothing in the building list. Can anyone help?

Should work. Do any of the 'solutions to common problems' in the first post apply to you? Have you ever used EUI, and if so did you remove the UI_bc1 folder before installing this modpack?

Should work. Do any of the 'solutions to common problems' in the first post apply to you? Have you ever used EUI, and if so did you remove the UI_bc1 folder before installing this modpack?

You're right, it was the EUI problem. I had re-installed Civ but forgot that it wouldn't remove that folder. Thanks a lot!

Hi there,

as Serp likes to abuse farming Barbarians and their Generals :) , like my brother , which ruins MP as the AI has even fewer chances against elite human armies.

Would you consider to reduce XP and Gold/Social gain from killing them ?

In my opinion 2 Levels from fighting stupid barbarians should be enough (Sight+Movment or any two combinations someone likes)
and killing Generals, which aren't really any challenge should be reduced to 10% of the original gain !

The CIV AI didn't use to farm Batbarians, they are happy to survive but Humans love to abuse rules ...
and this two things are not balanced at all ! The CIV AI is already very poor and isn't able to use many features of the mods

So how is your opinion ?
"Serp" told me how to Change it myself, so it isn't really a Problem, but think that honest civ players would hate that rules and would also prefer a better balanced Version !

Anyway will try now your Version ... as there is already a reduced spawn possibility of barbarian Generals !

Thanks for your work !

Hey civaddiction,I love your mod pack for the most part but I was curious to ssee how if at all possible, to remove a certain mod from the pack. I was just wondering because I dont see anyway to disable the Mod in question, Health and Plague. Thanks!!

Hey civaddiction,I love your mod pack for the most part but I was curious to ssee how if at all possible, to remove a certain mod from the pack. I was just wondering because I dont see anyway to disable the Mod in question, Health and Plague. Thanks!!

You can disable Plagues on the Set-up screen. I don't know if that affects whether or not Health as a stat still shows up, but if plagues can't happen, it really doesn't matter.

Ive seen that option in single player but how do you enable it in multiplayer?

Go into the MP_MODSPACK\Override\CIV5Units.xml file and search for the GAMEOPTION_PLAGUE_DISABLED entry. Change SupportsMultiplayer variable to true. You will now see that option appear in the multiplayer load screen (not sure if it'll work, but let me know if it does). On a side note, you could probably also enable the other two game options below it as well. Be sure that whenever you make such changes that all players are making those changes as well

Top Bottom