please help me

sdn26

Chieftain
I know it's a very stupid question but please help me

How can l chat whit other players on line during the gameù

but if i don't meet noone and l won't to chat whith all players???
l know that this is possible becouse in my last game l look a lot of message from other players in the left on the screen

It's the tilde character, and on most keyboards it's the key directly to the left of the 1 key.

This is supposed to bring up the multiplayer chat. But as I don't do MP, I've never tried this.

On my DANISH keyboard it is situated in the upper right corner of the keyboard next to return!!

You have press Alt Gr + ¨ to get the ~

but I guess not many people in here can use this information hehe

On my HUNGARIAN keyboard you have to press Alt Gr + 1 to get the ~.

However it is nice to hear about the danish keyboard...

Originally posted by tofe99
On my HUNGARIAN keyboard you have to press Alt Gr + 1 to get the ~.

However it is nice to hear about the danish keyboard...

Anybody interested in the German keyboard? :p

Well, here it is: <AltGr> + <+> => ~

Just wondering... I understand why different language keyboards have the letters in different places, but why do they change the keys for stuff like ~? It's like one language uses ~ more than the other...

Originally posted by Serpico
Just wondering... I understand why different language keyboards have the letters in different places, but why do they change the keys for stuff like ~? It's like one language uses ~ more than the other...

Well, one of the reasons may be that there are different numbers of keys. For instance, on the German keyboard there are 3 keys right to the "L" <ö><ä><#> and then the <return>.
As far as I remember, the English keyboard lacks the third key, but the <return> key has a different shape.

/* off-topic mode on*/
Some years ago, I was given an assignment at Paris, France.
Being used to type with 10 fingers (but German, of course!), I had to write an instruction in English, typing it on a French keyboard (L and M are switched, Q and A and some other things, if I remember correctly - of course, the French think that the German keyboard is switched) :crazyeye:
/* off-topic mode off */

Actually, there are languages that use different characters more often. For example, spanish people do need ~ more than we, as letters like ñ are part of their language. But they do probably have a button that is specifically made for the letter ñ. (As we here in Finland have letters ä, ö and å because they are an important part of our alphabet). Nonetheless, the special keys are country-dependent, as it is more likely that say french need to use ~ than russians - if for no other reason than being nearer to Spain.

By the way, Ssvensson, it seems that ~ is in the same spot in Danish and Finnish keyboards :)

Originally posted by Shyrramar

Actually, there are languages that use different characters more often. For example, spanish people do need ~ more than we, as letters like ñ are part of their language. But they do probably have a button that is specifically made for the letter ñ. (As we here in Finland have letters ä, ö and å because they are an important part of our alphabet). Nonetheless, the special keys are country-dependent, as it is more likely that say french need to use ~ than russians - if for no other reason than being nearer to Spain.

By the way, Ssvensson, it seems that ~ is in the same spot in Danish and Finnish keyboards :)

You are absolutely right.
For example the Hungarian alphabet consists of 42 letters, instead of 26 in the English.
We have letters like: éáûúõöüóí
:cool:

42 letters! Oy! I can barely handle 26! :eek:

Can you imagine doing that alphabet backwards in a field sobriety check? Oh man, I'd never make it! (of course, I couldn't do it with 26, either. Hell, I can't even do it sober!)

Luckily I have no experience with sobriety check...
I might ask for an other way of checking it. Walking on a line or something...

Top Bottom