Please help with save file problem AND

Nigel McIntosh

Chieftain
Hello . My name is Nigel and I am a longtime enthusiast of civ3 and civ4. I had a version of A New Dawn working on an old computer for years and it finally died a few months ago. I got a brand new $600 gaming computer and downloaded A New Dawn, and it installed correctly and loaded the game. However, upon saving a game, and attempting to reload it, the game crashes to the desktop every time. No matter if I just started a game at 6000 BCE and didn't even run a turn. I got frustrated with this and stopped playing civilization for a while, and then recently I downloaded an older version of standard Rise of Mankind, which works fine. I don't know what to do, please help. Maybe I need to put the save files somewhere else? I am playing off steam.

Hello . My name is Nigel and I am a longtime enthusiast of civ3 and civ4. I had a version of A New Dawn working on an old computer for years and it finally died a few months ago. I got a brand new $600 gaming computer and downloaded A New Dawn, and it installed correctly and loaded the game. However, upon saving a game, and attempting to reload it, the game crashes to the desktop every time. No matter if I just started a game at 6000 BCE and didn't even run a turn. I got frustrated with this and stopped playing civilization for a while, and then recently I downloaded an older version of standard Rise of Mankind, which works fine. I don't know what to do, please help. Maybe I need to put the save files somewhere else? I am playing off steam.
Same issue. Please, where did you find (download from ) 'older version' ? :) thx

Top Bottom