Police Shooting in NZ.

Armed offenders? Yep, that sounds like a fitting descritpion of police....

Yeah, I'm not really sure what cops in NZ carry around for enforcement, unless something big has happened.

The day of the mosque shootings was weird because my school is across the park from that mosque, and there were about 4 or 5 policemen with assault rifles on the intersection as we left the school, 2 hours later than usual because of the school lockdown. A car had been placed in front of the school gates for whatever reason (probably because of the reports of the shooter fleeing and shooting), and a couple of officers were standing around it. It didn't seem to connect in my head that policemen in NZ had weapons. Earlier this year with the shooting in Auckland on the eve of the Women's World Cup it was also weird to see the news report show all the armed police around too.

Meanwhile the last time I was in China they had armed guards at the train station between Beijing and Tianjin.

Yeah, I'm not really sure what cops in NZ carry around for enforcement, unless something big has happened.

The day of the mosque shootings was weird because my school is across the park from that mosque, and there were about 4 or 5 policemen with assault rifles on the intersection as we left the school, 2 hours later than usual because of the school lockdown. A car had been placed in front of the school gates for whatever reason (probably because of the reports of the shooter fleeing and shooting), and a couple of officers were standing around it. It didn't seem to connect in my head that policemen in NZ had weapons. Earlier this year with the shooting in Auckland on the eve of the Women's World Cup it was also weird to see the news report show all the armed police around too.

Meanwhile the last time I was in China they had armed guards at the train station between Beijing and Tianjin.

They had cops with those bushmaster rifles outside the Mosque down here that week.

First time I ever saw armed police.

Top Bottom