Political alignment and hair-length

Traitorfish

The Tighnahulish Kid
We're presumably all familiar with the old '60s stereotype of long-haired liberals squaring off against crew-cut conservatives. (Look at those sideburns- he looks like a girl!, etc.) But how much truth is there to it?

By way of a rough-and-ready investigation, what I want everyone to do is post the average length of their hair (imperial or metric), and their political alignment on a scale of -10 to 10 (i.e. left-to-right), which to avoid the distorting effects of self-judgement, we'll take to be the mean of your last political compass result. Through ancient and mystic arts handed down to be me by my druidic forefathers, I'll compile the answers into a crude and poorly-manufactured chart, and we'll see if any correlation starts to emerge.
Female posters should also free to participate (less-frequent posters would be best to post their gender, in case I'm not aware), because it'll be interesting to see if there's any sort of correlation there too.

To start the bidding unreasonably high, my hair is around 450mm, and my pc results averaged to around -9.8. Any other takers?

Edit: Graph, first iteration:

Around 80mm (~3inches), my score was about -2.5.

I also have a beard that I try and keep trimmed. I'm going to be cutting about an inch off my hair when I get around to it.
Male poster

850-900 mm, though I'm overdue for a trim, which is probably going to cut it down to 700 mm.
-5,5 (south of Ghandi).

Though I have to complain about that test each time I take it, it is , though at least it is not just left/right.

I believe it is safe to say that all posters are male, unless otherwise noted. The frequency of females around here is about the same as the frequency of US female presidents.

Hair is probably 4-5cm long, and I don't feel like taking a silly political compass test, but I'm probably a -7 or so.

< 1/2 inch; -8.8, -8.5

I bet there's no correlation to be found.

I think, too, you need age and occupation in here.

edit: but are you looking for a causal relation?

Hair is like a couple of mm at most. Economically, centre-left from what I remember, but quite authoritarian so I guess I could still it in with the "crewcut conservative" stereotype.

I guess 1/2" maybe, if that? My beard is longer than the hair on my head.

EDIT: dur. IIRC my latest test was about 4 / 3

About 13" and I reject the validity of the political compass test.

45cm TF? You must look like a girl! :mischief:
Pulled out a couple of hairs on the top of my head.
Quackanalysis: 3-4" or 6-8cm. I don't really have a hair style though. I kinda cut it and then let it grow untill it needs to be cut again. It means i get a variety of styles constantly :p

-5,88 ; -4.97

I guess 8 cm of hair (where did I put my IKEA tape measure?)

The silly test gives me -6.5 on the left/right scale (and -6.99 on the authoritarian axis) so by that standard I'm pretty close to being a filthy communist hippie. By local Norwegian standards I'm a middle-of-the-road social democrat.

Hair is cut down to 2 mm in summer, 3 mm in winter. Plus whatever growth it manages between each time I get my wife to take the clippers to my noggin.

on a less serious note, but related nonetheless, I remember watching a Christian telepreacher advising his male audience to keep their hair short lest they be mistaken for women when the angels return (he aint too clear on their identity - Nephilim, sons of god who came down before and took wives, but apparently far from being intelligent beings ;))

if you pass by a church and see a loaded parking lot on Sunday marked "brains", its required for attendance inside :(

Top Bottom