POLL: Do you play vanilla or a mod?

Do you play Civilization IV: Colonization with or without a mod?

• Mod? I never downloaded or use a mod.

Votes: 20 21.3%
  • I have a mod installed, but rarely use it.

Votes: 5 5.3%
  • I sometimes play with a mod, sometimes don't.

Votes: 21 22.3%
  • I play using a mod the vast majority of the time.

Votes: 48 51.1%

• Total voters
well mr dale im sure you're the exception to the rule =P had a feeling i might be eating my words in this case but im sure with many many other games the modders are just random fellows with big ideas ... still, make aod2 official, just release an expansion pack like bts with aod2 included and i MIGHT play it ;)

There are two types of modders.
There are those that just want to add to the game; extra civs, new leaderheads etc.
And there are those that want to change the game into something completely different, these are the mods I like and this is the type of mod I believe mine is.

AoDII has elements of both.

After reading these forums for a week or 2, I thought it would finally be time to register :lol:

Well, I play Blumod right now, since I first want to fully experience vanilla (I just got the game), and Blumod just gives that extra nice graphic flavour without changing the game completely!

After reading these forums for a week or 2, I thought it would finally be time to register :lol:

Well, I play Blumod right now, since I first want to fully experience vanilla (I just got the game), and Blumod just gives that extra nice graphic flavour without changing the game completely!

:clap:
Welcome to the forum

AODII get played a lot... I consider Plantation Economy to be "Vanilla", but most of my time is spent in my own mod I'm working on.

Where do I find this AoDII????

MUST HAVE!!!

Found! Installing!! Eagerly anticipating!!!

After months of playing CIV4, I started playing CIV4 Colonization. I read ab out the AoD II. Is there an AoD I (I apoligize if this is a stupid question). What does AoDII do? IS it the same gameplay, more Colonies or more units?

EDIT: If I am still learning game, is using AoD II a bad idea or is it ok?

After months of playing CIV4, I started playing CIV4 Colonization. I read ab out the AoD II. Is there an AoD I (I apoligize if this is a stupid question). What does AoDII do? IS it the same gameplay, more Colonies or more units?

EDIT: If I am still learning game, is using AoD II a bad idea or is it ok?
All of AoD II's changes are listed here.

I recommend reading it, as some of the changes make a ton of sense but may not seem obvious, like forbidding servants and criminals from education or specialization until after they've served their time.

Top Bottom