PolyCast Special with Jason "Jason2K" Bergman

DanQ

Owner, Civilized Communication

Earlier this month, Apolyton Civilization Site (ACS) Chief/Owner Administrator and PolyCast (PC) regular co-host Daniel "DanQ" Quick alongside fellow staff member and long-term PC fill-in Annalee "Cartimandua" Barney spoke with 2K Games Producer Jason "Jason2K" Bergman about Civilization: Revolution now available worldwide on the Xbox360, PlayStation 3 and DS console platforms. Questions by Quick and from several forum users are asked to learn about the game's development, post-release plans and Bergman himself.

The second "Focus: Civilization: Revolution", it is now netcasting as a PC special. Total runtime is 50m09s. PC is an official podcast of ACS.

Summary of topics:

- 01m32s | General
Pre-and-post-release responsibilities as Lead Producer on Civilization: Revolution, being the publisher internal producer on titles from Firaxis Games, CivRev playtesting, the introduction to the Civ series and now having worked on a title in it.
- 07m30s | Platforms
The lack of a Civilopedia for and barebones manual on the DS version, other console port options and future PlayStation 3 platform support.
- 15m18s | Gameplay
Favourite civilization to play as, responding to criticism of aggressive CivRev Artificial Intelligence (AI), the 2100AD game end limit and explaining the Histograph symbols.
- 21m13s | Content
Possibilities for an Earth and larger seed maps, chances for custom single-player games, the CivRev scenarios and multiple aspects of Downloadable Content (DLC).
- 27m11s | Reflection
Most and least satisfying aspects of CivRev, increasing interest in the PC Civ line-up and lessons learned from CivRev's development.
- 35m08s | GameSpy
How and why the multiplayer service for the PlayStation 3 version was chosen.
- 35m47s | Miscellaneous
Most memorable CivRev games to date, starting in the gaming career and his own venture, lurking on Civ fansite and official forums and feedback on the CivGameoftheWeek.com effort.

That was not only great for info, but entertaining as well. A good listen for Civ Rev players, on all systems. And now I can finally end that dispute with my wife about where their Civlopedia info comes from.:blush:

Thanks for posting. They definitely answered the big questions that I had, which means that I won't be playing Civ: Rev much longer than a month or two.

Thanks for putting it out, though. Too bad that Sid has a very hardcore attitude about expanding the potential for this game. That's a bit disappointing. Not all console gamers need their hands held to play his game.

Top Bottom