Polystralia and Hutama info

I'm 84% sure that the Polish website was supposed to reveal the SlavFed but the unpleseantness at the Ukraine prevented them from doing it

Well, if Putin killing people is going to delay the SlavFed reveal, we may have to wait a while. ;)

Anyways, what I would like to see in SlavFed is not just pure harkening back to Soviet times, but something more historical, perhaps a 19th century style "War and Peace" stylised outfits and whatnot.

My theory is that they're taking an extra week to rewrite the backstory and change Russia from a leader to a backwater in the SlavFed.

Polystralia is definitely in my top 3 now. I always love a good money civ.

So when playing as Polystralia, you'd want an Arid biome for maximum gain.

So when playing as Polystralia, you'd want an Arid biome for maximum gain.

Depends on whether the bonus is more energy from terrain or more energy from trade routes. The fact that the dev said that other factions would be wise to set up trade routes with Hutama makes me think that his bonus is trade route related.

she probably owns that bank tho.

I just realized that whild Elodie might not be very aggresive she probably isnt the Alliance-making kind.

No reason why Elodie would own a bank... she does own a media empire, but I doubt she would have bank holdings in Polystralia

(Fielding would be more likely to own the Bank that Hutama deposits his cash in... but most likely it is based in Polystralia..owned either by him or other rich Polystralians)

Hmmm I wonder if they will get some sort of bonus to Naval units as it looks like Polystralia is made up of Australia, New Zealand, Indonesia and Pacfic island states all of which are island nations...

Hmmm I wonder if they will get some sort of bonus to Naval units as it looks like Polystralia is made up of Australia, New Zealand, Indonesia and Pacfic island states all of which are island nations...

Well, calling Australia an "island nation" is a bit of a stretch. The ratio of a coastline to land area is probably not much greater than in the case of India or Spain.

Well, calling Australia an "island nation" is a bit of a stretch. The ratio of a coastline to land area is probably not much greater than in the case of India or Spain.

True, but all of our large cities are coastal. Our demography is aquatic even if our geography isn't!
Also, it is nice to finally experience the warm glow of having my country in a civ game! Well, sort of. Glad the kiwis made it in too.

Some new info on Polystralia from games.on.net.
http://games.on.net/2014/07/what-do...civilization-beyond-earth-we-chat-to-firaxis/

If you’re playing as Polystralia you get a lot more power to form alliances and cooperation with your neighbours.

SUPREMACIST POLYSTRALIA
Players who want to approach the game from Supremacy standpoint as Polystralia would be looking at “a lot of heavy industry and fixed emplacements, heavily-built up territory that’s producing a lot of energy and a lot of resources,” says Will. “Producing a huge abundance of valuable goods that they can trade or barter or (depending on your perspective) extort their allies into needing and parlay that into victory.

HARMONIST POLYSTRALIA
By contrast, a Polystralian Harmony player would have a very broad territory, you would own a lot of land, move very freely around it, have open border agreements with everyone,” Will continues. “Your armies would be very nimble, your armies would be able to reach very far across the landscape. So you’d be kind of using and turning over the value that you found than you would be about heavy infrastructure and overdevelopment. But those are just two examples.

And a few more on the affinities:
Supremacy (heavy technology and eventual rejection of organic matter), Harmony (becoming one with the planet and adapting to meet it), and Purity (preservation of mankind at all costs, and destruction of aliens).

If you’re playing as Polystralia you get a lot more power to form alliances and cooperation with your neighbours.

I get the feeling that the new "favor" feature of diplomacy is tailored perfectly for Hutama. Since you will have a lot more energy than your neighbors being the econ faction, you will be able to trade that energy in exchange for favors and then the other factions will owe you. You will be able to get other factions to form alliances with you and help you.

Great article! Although, kinda feel I need to reiterate something mentioned in that article -

Will and David are keen to stress that this doesn’t lock Polystralian players into any specific playing style, and that Polystralia — like all the factions in the game — has been designed to be “perpendicular” to the player play style.

From that article and others, it seems that Hutama is very extroverted, charismatic and inherently friendly. To draw a comparison to the civ, he sounds like a higher tier Ahmad Al-Mansur. I'm the real world, he seems like an extremely personable Branson-like (broad appeal, fantastically wealthy) character that went into politics.

Also - in the spirit of Polystralia, Harmony players should all rename their Xeno-Titans Drop Bears. (That's what I do in my Australian mod for Paratroopers and XCOM squads).

From that article and others, it seems that Hutama is very extroverted, charismatic and inherently friendly. To draw a comparison to the civ, he sounds like a higher tier Ahmad Al-Mansur. I'm the real world, he seems like an extremely personable Branson-like (broad appeal, fantastically wealthy) character that went into politics.

Well, that is infinitely preferable as a neighboring civ than a higher tier Montezuma. :)

Purity (preservation of mankind at all costs, and destruction of aliens).

Me thinks somebody is going to mod Purity units to look like Imperium of Man units before all is said and done. Baneblade versus Xeno-Titan, place your bets!

At first I thought he will have more native feeling and I was wonder how the native decides to go to space? Interesting....Then I saw this guy. In my opinion he is a businessman and sort of an Asian. Not that I complain but never thought he will be sooooo much businessman.
So is it possible that a man in Firaxis studio in the last review could be General Kozlov? (Ah nevermind. He is Hutama.)

Me thinks somebody is going to mod Purity units to look like Imperium of Man units before all is said and done. Baneblade versus Xeno-Titan, place your bets!

I put my money on Supremacist Reaver Titan! ;)

At first I thought he will have more native feeling and I was wonder how the native decides to go to space? Interesting....Then I saw this guy. In my opinion he is a businessman and sort of an Asian.

Baneblade with more eye-candy. Maus Tanks + 20 centuries of no decoration doesn't impress me. ;)

Interesting thing I never knew

Apparently there was an Australian leader in SMAC the Free drone Faction from the Crossfire expansion

My first run through with BE will probably be Polystralia although Ill probably choose the more "Traditional" Purity affinity colonization method which should be interesting as he didnt give a purity affinity take on Polystralia so Im hoping that that affinity isnt going to clash in some way with the faction powers

I suspect the "dark side" of Hutama's Polystralia is that it is probably a society where everything can be procured for a price. It's not a world run by corporations per se (like ARC) but a "Littlefinger world". Not to mention, getting rich on world hunger is probably not the most ethical of enterprises.

Top Bottom