Porcelain Tower

Convict

Warlord
Could someone enlighten me how this works.

To build the Porcelain Tower, it (Civipedia) states you require Rationalism.

I have Rationalism and checking out the Diplomacy screen no one else has. So, I don't rush it.

Now Darius has built it.

According to the Diplomacy Screen Darius Social Policies are:

Tradition 5
Piety 3
Aesthetics 5

If that is correct he does not have Rationalism so how has he managed to construct the Porcelain Tower?

Taking the opening policy doesn't appear on the Diplomatic screen, it's only if you actually take the policies in the tree where it shows up.

In other words, the 'Tradition 5' means he's completed that tree when really you have to put 6 policies in the tree to complete it.

Thanks Rawtrav. That would explain it. Not that it helps my anger though- but I did reload and use a GE.

The way I check to see if anyone is building a wonder, especially after the World Congress has been founded, is to look at the other Civs capital. Even if you haven't got a spy in the city or any units nearby, you'll still be able to see the actual model of the wonder on the land somewhere around the city, being constructed.

So if you had a quick look over Darius' capital, you should have seen the Porcelain Tower partially constructed in one of the hexes around the city. Hope that might help sometime in the future!

Yes, I guess I was relying on the Diplomacy screen too much. It has been a rather strange game as I ended up on a continent by myself, and ended up with a spy before I had met any other Civs. Then Brazil found me and at the same time I met every other Civ.

Top Bottom