I mentioned in the other thread, but all they seemed to do w.r.t. Monopoly Tourism was adjust it from 5 * resources * other_civs_without to 3 * resources * other_civs_without.

Needless to say, it still double-multiplies by the number of other civs in the game, and the mode remains unplayable with more than a tiny number of civs.

Incredibly disappointing.

Really? I am playing currently and for me the bug still exists.
For me also, pressing this button just does nothing so far in my game. :cringe:

I mentioned in the other thread, but all they seemed to do w.r.t. Monopoly Tourism was adjust it from 5 * resources * other_civs_without to 3 * resources * other_civs_without.

Needless to say, it still double-multiplies by the number of other civs in the game, and the mode remains unplayable with more than a tiny number of civs.

If this is true, then it's a new low for me wrt. their design capabilities.

Have we got any impression if the AI-resource-improvement bug has been fixed? Fwiw. in my game, Persia has two improved incense by the classical era, so I'm mildly optimistic. Vietnam has not improved any of the pearls in her territory, however, and she has a builder running around aimlessly in my territory, so ...

Last edited:

playing with the mode for the first time right now since i heard it was fixed, will update with my experience goes. was really hoping they'd keep the 5 and take away the double multiplier, but maybe this will be fine

Started my first Portugal game on archipelago (of course).

Their trade route bonuses are just bonkers. Just into turn 60, and I already unlocked 5 trade route capabilities from meeting civs and I'm getting 21 gold or around that from each trade route. I'm actually ignoring building settlers and focusing on traders instead!

I love how this turns the usual gameplay upside down. They really remind me of Venice in 5, in that I just get more routes than can make the traders for.

I stupidly took Magnus out of habit and familiarity, because I like to spam settlers in my early game but did not realize that 1) his internal trade route bonus is pointless, always get that sweet international! And 2) settlers early isn't the biggest of deals, you want to get traders ASAP. It's crazy seeing yields like this from routes this early.

Reactions: PiR
Started my first Portugal game on archipelago (of course).

Their trade route bonuses are just bonkers. Just into turn 60, and I already unlocked 5 trade route capabilities from meeting civs and I'm getting 21 gold or around that from each trade route. I'm actually ignoring building settlers and focusing on traders instead!

I love how this turns the usual gameplay upside down. They really remind me of Venice in 5, in that I just get more routes than can make the traders for.

I stupidly took Magnus out of habit and familiarity, because I like to spam settlers in my early game but did not realize that 1) his internal trade route bonus is pointless, always get that sweet international! And 2) settlers early isn't the biggest of deals, you want to get traders ASAP. It's crazy seeing yields like this from routes this early.

What's the best civ then for Portugal early game? Reyna since you can get that trade route bonus? Take a lot of investment though...maybe Pingala for extra sci?

First game as Portugal: Built some harbors, had lots of money from the many trade routes. But then the barbarians came with caravels long before I had my own special caravels. They pillaged the hell out of me, all harbors, many traders, even the fishing boats, never seen barbarians pillaging so aggressively.
I had the same experience - had to quit the game and restart with "No Barbs" as there was just no way to deal with them!!

Unfortunately, the devs didn't fix AI not improving their resources with corporations mode. They are still improving just one copy of their luxeries
Then not fixed yet. I hope the balance patch next month address this issue since it's unplayable in my opinion if the AI not improving their resources.

So meet this jerk Philip, and he claims to be the King of my country of Portugal. I'll show him. :)

also it seems if you meet a civ before you research foreign trade you can't build a trader despite having trade route capacity. Makes sense of course, just thought I'd point that out.

Can anyone confirm whether or not the AI are mining/farming luxury resources again?

it’s kind of an important feature in gameplay...

I have no interest in starting a new game if I’m the only one that’s going to be doing it.

Can anyone confirm whether or not the AI are mining/farming luxury resources again?
it’s kind of an important feature in gameplay...
I have no interest in starting a new game if I’m the only one that’s going to be doing it.

I saw mixed responses in the forum. Some says AI now improves luxuries, some says no.

In my games I see AI improving things normally though.

Is it a thing that AI mines multiple luxury resources normally unless Monopolies and Corps mode is turned on?

Or was it something that broke across the entire game?

I mean every game I’ve tried the last two months I have a monopoly immediately on every luxury I get for the rest of the game because I’m the only one who has them.

I think this game might go ok :)

Portugal.PNG

I built Emananaki in Lisbon with only one quarry and no mines, beating Japan and Scythia and who knows who else by stacking Portugal's early Trade Routes domestically. Pretty sweet. It's a good wonder if you have the Marshes and floodplains for it.

I have seen the AI improve luxuries in Monopolies and Corporations, certainly. I used Anansi to steal Shaka's jade, and the mine over it went poof. I spend more time staring at my own cities than the AI's, so I cannot say for sure if they build industries or corporations.

Now, I hope it is just me, but has anyone else noticed that the AI has a deep wonderlust for Etemenanki? I had barely unlocked Writing and was considering putting it down in a nice desert floodplain I had, when I saw a notification that Kublai Khan had already built it. I fear it may be Great Bath 2.0.

Now, I hope it is just me, but has anyone else noticed that the AI has a deep wonderlust for Etemenanki? I had barely unlocked Writing and was considering putting it down in a nice desert floodplain I had, when I saw a notification that Kublai Khan had already built it. I fear it may be Great Bath 2.0.
If it does, at least it will be a somewhat-useful Wonder depending on the spawn RNG.

Top Bottom