Poss Bug? Luxury trades all dissapeared on turn 810

camaro04005

Chieftain
Im playing a game (auto save file year 800 posted below hopefully) and i have 3 trades going for luxuries with 3 diff leaders. Two of them have been going on for 11 turns and one is brand new. I finish my turn and on my next turn 810 a pop-up announces i have lost my silks.. I thought that weird since the 20 turns haddent expired yet and noone declared war on me so i look at the foreign advisers chart and ALL my trade have vanished.(normal save file year 810 posted below hopefully)..
I reloaded to the year 800 again and played my turn out but it happend again..i`m at a loss, I`m not sure if its my computer or a bug or some part of the game i dont have a clue about.. This is my first regent game as i am finally trying to become a serious player and am starting to move up the diff ladder. I think im doing ok and would like to keep this game alive.

ok i`m not sure how to attach 2 saves on one post so the second save game year 810 when all my luxuries dissapeard is here..I didnt do anything drastic between turns just moved a few workers and moved my horse line to block the russian settler from settling in a spot i might want..

also on slightly diff note if ..a game question if poss,,given my city layout where would it be best to place my FP..any help would be greatly appreciated. Also i just want to thank the civ fanatics website and all those who play and post here for making this game soo much more fun.
Instead of reading a book if i like to read progression games does that make me a fanatic? :)

I have vanilla civ and the 1.29 patch installed and then conquests and the 1.20 and 1.22 patches installed,,I didnt think it was the install because i just fresh installed all of them last night.

I havent looked at the saves but my guess would be that two or more AI's are at war with each other and some action in that war cut off the silk.

TY for replying,,

The only problem with that is ,,i only got a pop-up for the silks, but i lost all 3 of my trades with 3 diff leaders,,The other 2 i was never told about i just noticed they were`nt in my city resource box and then checked my trades and they were gone.

If someone could load up the first save at year 800 and check the capital to see the 3 luxes i`m getting then end turn till year 810 and let me know if they are still there ..Then i`ll know whether its my puter or not.

I tried loading it but it didn't work, most likely cause I have the new patch installed. Maybe someone else can give it a try.

Actually the trade with the Ottomans is up for renewal, but the real problem is that it looks like all your sea trade routes are suddenly cut off. If you look at the Trade Advisor in turn 810 AD, all civs will be listed under the 'Cannot Trade With' section.

Can anyone find a logical explanation for this? :confused:

Barb Galleys? I think I had a trade route cut off by a barb galley once.

Yep, you're right Chieftess :goodjob: , but that poses a completely different puzzle then.

I've used C3MT to cheat like darn, and found that only one stack of Barb Galleys moved that turn - a stack which is located on 44,8 and ends up on 40,10 - you can see them if you move the Ancient Cavalry north of Chuito two tiles NW (to the hilltop). I used the C3MT to delete those 3 Barb Galleys from the savegame, and now no supplies were lost and all trade went on as normal.

But then what on earth is the AI doing calculating the trade route that way around? It would seem to be more obvious to plan the trade route eastwards, across the strait between Vilcas and the Chinese Canton. And oddly enough, looking at which civs can be traded with on the first turn, and which can't, that is what is apparently happening.

In any case, next turn (un-modified game), the 3 barb galleys get them self killed trying to take down a Dromon, and the Sea Trade routes are back to normal again. :)

Originally posted by Isak
Yep, you're right Chieftess :goodjob: , but that poses a completely different puzzle then.

[. . .]

But then what on earth is the AI doing calculating the trade route that way around? It would seem to be more obvious to plan the trade route eastwards, across the strait between Vilcas and the Chinese Canton. And oddly enough, looking at which civs can be traded with on the first turn, and which can't, that is what is apparently happening.

The strait to Canton includes a sea tile (as opposed to coast). Without Astronomy or the Great Lighthouse, trade across sea tiles is not allowed. Given the barb galley discovery and the lack of a land route (no roads connecting to other civs), the only trade route is harbor-to-harbor over coastal tiles -- looking at the map, a single naval unit can block the coastal route north of Chuito that leads to many other civs, and I'd be willing to bet that there is a barb galley blocking the southern coastal route, too.

Oh, you're right, I somehow convinced myself it was all coastal :crazyeye:

And you're right about the barb blocking the southern route too. There's another stack of two Barb galleys near the peninsula south of Chuquiapo (at 61,49), which would block the route south.

What would be nice was if a player was notified of the cause of lost supply. Like 'Pirates are blocking our trade ships' for example. But that's for CIV, I guess :)

Thanks alot ,,I never even had the thought that could happen..it makes tons more sense now.I finished the game and it happened a few more times so i was sure it wasnt a bug but had no idea why it happened.
Now i`m wondering ,If i stacked a few of my ships along the trade route for protection would that have kept the route open or would it have happened anyways because of the Barbs being there.

Thanks again

You would have to eliminate the 'offending' barbs to keep the route open. That's actually what the Byzantines did for you on the following turn :)

Top Bottom