[POSSIBLE BUG] City States Alliance display: CSs sometimes allied to dead civs

This time it was more serious... I destroy Greece, make peace with Cape town...
After a few turns, I spend around 2000 ducats to ally Cape town... Then out of nowhere after a few turns, I get a message that Greece now has more influence over Cape town, AND Cape town declares war on me...

This is a serious bug that has been around since the beginning and needs to be fixed. I almost lost a game to this bug as Siam was going for diplomatic victory. Siam conquered a CS and I liberated it. The CS was my ally for quite a while, but while still at war with Siam, the CS suddenly declared war on me and Siam was its ally again.

My guess is that when a CS was conquered by Siam, Siam's influence should have been set to Enemy, instead it was left at its current value. It then either did not decay at all or it decayed slower than my influence. At some point my influence was less and Siam became ally again.

This is very lame and should be easy to fix...if someone would just stop making DLCs and fix the bugs instead.

A bit of a bump, but this bug is still present in the latest patch (1.0.1.348). I had just eliminated Siam, but Dublin is still Allied with them.

Attachments

• Bismarck_0242 AD-1660.Civ5Save
    1,008.8 KB · Views: 80
Revitalizing this thread because this bug still exists.

I experienced the same problem Samuil had. I destroyed Greece, which still was the ally of Lhasa. Fine.

I send a great merchant to Lhasa to smooth things over and send them the gold to gain allegiance. Next turn, it all goes for naught as Lhasa reallies with Greece (how?) and I am back at war with them. That a great person and 500gp down the drain. :mad:

Devs, please address this bug.

Top Bottom