Possible diplomacy bug?

homeyg

Deity
Let's say you have 'always renegociate deals' checked in the preferences, and you make a deal with the AI, lets say furs for 50 gpt. Then when the twenty turns are up for the deal, and the AIs renegociate, it seems you can force them into the deal whether they have that amount of gpt to spend or not. I noticed this when the option was there to accept the deal (on the renegociate popup), but I wanted to change it so I clicked 'Would you listen to our counter proposal?'. The advisor said that the deal, as it was before, would be insulting to the other AI, therefore the AI wouldn't accept it. But, the AI would have accepted it on the renegociate popup. My question is whether this is a bug or not. I haven't really done any investigating on this, but I did notice this on a couple occasions.

It's not a bug, more of a feature. It works the other way around as well. Say you are the one buying the furs for 50 gpt. In the renegotiate deal screen, the deal is acceptable. If you attempt to renegotiate with the AI and your net income is over 50 gpt, then it should be fine. OTOH, the deal will be refused if you're running a deficit. The AI won't accept gpt deals when you're losing money and will not pay gpt if it losing money. To avoid this, lower your science slider the turn before the renegotiation. Hope that helps.

Also on this:
If you are the one selling something to the AI, when the renegociate screen opens, the old deal is automatically reoffered, I think withtout the programm checking the Gold Income of the AI, if you refuse it, the AI will readjust its income, and you won't be able to get the same deal most of the time because the AI won't have as many GPT left....

Top Bottom