Possible New Mechanic: Unique City Capture

[to_xp]Gekko

QCT junkie
There was a nice hidden gameoption a while ago which disabled buildings getting destroyed upon city capture.

There was a nice mod named TechConquest a LONG while ago that gave science upon city capture.

So I started brainstorming about some special abilities that some civs could get upon city capture. Comments, opinions and suggestions are very welcome.

most of these suggestions could very well be doubled for Raiders trait leaders.

most of these suggestions could also very well apply to improvement pillaging. or not. or primary improvements only. or cottage types only.

most of these suggestions could very well have multiple stages, each with more drawbacks coupled with more benefits, with raze giving the most benefits.

most of these suggestions could very well be linked to certain traits instead of civs.

in completely random order:

1) Do not destroy buildings, but get less/no gold from city capture. would be a third option in the keep/raze city screen. for civs like the Dural, Grigori and Elohim, and traits like Tolerant.

2) simply get more gold when conquering a city. for civs like the Doviello, clan, hippus etc and traits like barbarian or aggressive.

3) destroy more buildings to get more gold. for civs like the Doviello, clan, hippus etc and traits like barbarian or aggressive.

4) destroy more buildings to get supplies. for civs like the Doviello, clan, hippus etc and traits like barbarian or aggressive.

5) lose population to get slaves. for civs like the Doviello, clan, hippus etc and traits like barbarian or aggressive.

6) lose population to get workers/settlers. for civs like the Dural, Grigori and Elohim, and traits like Tolerant. would be particularly cool to have settlers created this way to build cities of the appropriate civ when you have the Tolerant trait.

7) lose population to get mana. for civs like the sheaim.

8) lose population to get xp. for calabim/aristrakh.

9) lose population to get healed. calabim, possibly others.

10) gain science when conquering cities. for civs like the Doviello, clan, hippus etc and traits like barbarian or aggressive.

I like the idea.

11) Blaspheraph should get slaves aswell.
12) Mercurian/Infernal automaticly raze citys of oneanother.
13) If a Bannor city would be captured, it instead looses some population and some defenders spawn in it(but only once per 10 or so turns)

Is it possible to trigger Events on capture? I can imagine all sorts of scenarios you could enact, expanding greatly on the list of possibilities you listed.

I also really like 6) above.

Perhaps an option for global happiness in your empire at the cost of captured city pop? Under the guise of using subjugated populace in a sort roman gladiatorial games. Not sure who'd it be useful for, maybe Balseraphs (being the civ chiefly concerned with entertainment), but they are not likely to benefit from the extra happy.

Top Bottom