• Civilization 7 has been announced. For more info please check the forum here .

Possible to Watch AI as in Civ 3?

jcikal

The Voice of Reason
Is it possible in BTS to watch the AI as I could with Civ 3? I know this task has not been possible since Civ 4 came out, even in Warlords it was still not possible to do in the same magnitude as in Civ 3 where you could watch as the AI built their cities and moved about the world.

Just wanted to check if this feature had been implemented in Beyond the Sword or if it still an impossible task.

Thanks.

I am by no means the most knowledgeable person on this subject, but I am pretty sure that the answer is no. Well, technically you could have like a 2v2 and partner up with an AI, which would allow you to see his every move, but that has always been in the game. Also, you could just give yourself satellites via WorldBuilder, which would eliminate FoW. Anyway, the answer is no; nothing in BTS has such a function.

Easy. Enable cheats, then open the console and type "game.toggledebugmode". The map is revealed and you can see everything.

Even easier is the Worldbuilder, but you'd have to constantly switch in and out of it.

Start a game, enter world builder.

Make everyone rave about you: the +100 "you have proven your good nature in the past" will make you everyone's personal saint.
Delete your settler, you won't need him. Instead, create a fast unit for every decent land mass you see on the map, to follow the events as they enfold.
Optional: create a small patch of land somewhere (in the ocean, adjacent to polar caps maybe) to found a city, and fill it with espionage-enhancing buildings. This will fine-tune your "Civ Channel" game :) . Enclose it within peaks, to spare your worshiping rival leaders to waste their time sending units to visit.

Whenever you notice civs discover a resource, return to WB to give yourself the relevant tech to see who has it and who does not. Check out possible small island cities, and create an unit there to put it on the map. The units can be scrapped the following turn. Also, possible colonial leaders will require a separate act of endearing in WB.

Check out the AI Auto Play Mod....I've been using it a lot lately to test my XML changes...you can see how the AI works for your chosen civ then occasionally jump into WB to check out internals

Also, you could just give yourself satellites via WorldBuilder, which would eliminate FoW. .

No it won't. Satellites only make the entire map "explored", not revealed. The text in civilopedia is misleading.

Which makes it basically useless because at that time the map is explored anyway...

Top Bottom