Post Game Analysis - The Demogame Wrapup

What's ODOL?

Old Demogames Of Love?

Nah... but if RM typed it, we may not want to know... :lol:

RM, it was during a T/C, when I was telling you about the new music I had been listening to. One word, Morningwood.

btw Cyc they need your help in the new demogame in the governers thread, something about limiting their powers....

;) It seems the problem has been worked out.

Looks like Ravensfire stated most of the needed info.

Good luck.

Stumbled on this thread by accident (really!). So Civ3 demo game has undergone the same faith as Civ2 demo game? Not enough people caring to play anymore. Oh well, you'll still have the nice memories. ;)

As a fellow dutchie I can say that an ODOL is an abbreviation of ontzettend dikke ochtend lul, or in english: incredibly big morning d... :D

Zwelgje said:
Stumbled on this thread by accident (really!). So Civ3 demo game has undergone the same faith as Civ2 demo game? Not enough people caring to play anymore. Oh well, you'll still have the nice memories. ;)

As a fellow dutchie I can say that an ODOL is an abbreviation of ontzettend dikke ochtend lul, or in english: incredibly big morning d... :D

Same faith? :)

I think you mean fate.

I've been cropping down some of the replay screenies I took so I can post them as a record of the game along with the other victory screens. Looking at that I would say that our biggest break in this game was starting on the continent with 5 Civs, and not being in the position of England or particularly Babylon on the same continent as Japan.

On our continent there was not a lot of space for 5 Civs, so even though we were limited in the number of cities we were not much different to the other Civs on the same continent. On the other continent things would have been different.

On a contintent of 3 Civs, Japan was slap bang in the middle, controlling the choke points and blocking access to half of the continent, Babylon were on the northern tip of the continent with England sandwiched between the two. Babylon quickly got penned in, England filled in the gap between Japan and Babylon, and Japan unchecked in that direction started spreading South. Babylon were attacked by overwhelming Japanese forces and reduced to a Settler in a boat that fled South, but by the time they started to rebuild they only had a few cities before the Japanese had the rest of the land. England meanwhile held their own as the Japanese were madly expanding until the size of the Japanese forces overwhelmed them and they too fell.

On our own continent we were able to juggle the other Civs and not let one get too powerful. On the Japanese continent we would have found it much more difficult to keep the other Civs at bay.

Top Bottom