Potential civs for upcoming mod

So I wanna know which civs would you like to see in a upcoming mod. By the way the mod will start in the Neholotic era. Give youre ideias and please don't start bittering.

For exemple we would start with one big culture group in theis case the Europeans which latter split into Chesseen and Vincha. The Chesseen later become the Britians and Celts.

Here is a list that might help you

Continents Regions Periods Articles Major Periods
Africa North Africa North Africa Paleolithic

Epipaleolithic
Neolithic c. 7500 BC
Iron Age
Roman

Sub-Saharan Africa Sub-Saharan Africa Earlier Stone Age

Middle Stone Age
Later Stone Age
Neolithic c. 4000 BC
Bronze Age (3500 BC - 600 BC)
Iron Age (550 BCE - 700 AD)
Classic Middle Ages (c. 700 AD - 1700 AD)

Asia Near East Levantine Stone age (2,000,000 BC - 3300 BC)

Bronze age (3300 BC - 1200 BC)
Iron age (1200 BC - 586 BC)
Historical periods (586 BC - present)

South Asia South Asian Periods
East Asia East Asia Periods Neolithic c. 7500 BC Pengtoushan culture
North Asia North Asia Periods
Korea Korean Periods Paleolithic c. 40,000/30,000 - c. 8,000 BC

Jeulmun pottery period c. 8,000 BC - 1500 BC
Mumun pottery period c. 1500 BC - 300 BC
Protohistoric period c. 300 BC - AD 300/400
Three Kingdoms of Korea c. AD 300/400 - AD 668

Japan Japan Periods Paleolithic c. 100,000 - c. 10,000 BC

Jōmon period c. 10,000 BC - 300 BC
Yayoi period c. 300 BC - AD 250
Yamato period c. AD 250 - 710

Americas North America North America Lithic/Paleo-Indian (pre 8000 BC)

Archaic (c. 8000 - 1000 BC)
Post-archaic stage (c. 1000 BC - Present)

Mesoamerica Mesoamerica Lithic/Paleo-Indian (pre 8000 BC)

Archaic (c. 8000 - 1000 BC)
Formative (c. 1000 BC - AD 250)
Classic (AD 250 - 900)
Post-Classic (AD 900 - 1515)

South America South America
(Peru) Lithic/Paleo-Indian (pre c. 8200 BC)

Archaic (c. 8200 - 1000 BC)
Formative (c. 1000 BC - AD 500)
Classic (c. AD 500 - 1200)
Post-Classic (c. AD 1200 - 1900)

Australasia Australia Australia
New Zealand New Zealand Archaic period (AD 1000 - 1350/1650)

Classic period (AD 1350-1800) or (1650-1800 in eastern South Island)

Oceania Oceania
Europe Northern Europe Northern Europe Mesolithic

Neolithic
Bronze Age
Iron Age
Roman Iron Age (c. AD 1 - 400)
Germanic Iron Age (c. AD 400 - 800)
Viking Age (c. AD 800 - 1066)
Medieval period (1066 - c. 1500)
Post-medieval period (c. 1500 - c. 1800)
Industrial/Modern

Western Europe Western Europe Paleolithic (pre c. 8800 BC)

Mesolithic (c. 8800 - 4900 BC)
Neolithic (c. 4900 - 2000 BC)
Bronze Age (c. 2000 - 800 BC)
Iron Age (c. 800 - 0 BC)
Roman (c. AD 0 - 400)
Early medieval period (c. AD 400 - 800)
Medieval period (800 - c. 1500)
Post-medieval period (c. 1500 - c. 1800)
Industrial/Modern

South eastern Europe South eastern Europe Paleolithic

Epipaleolithic
Neolithic
Chalcolithic
Bronze Age
Iron Age
Hellenistic
Roman
Byzantine period
Ottoman Empire

Well, this mod doesn't have many practical leaders. We don't know that much about prehistoric language or leadership. :undecide:

Well, this mod doesn't have many practical leaders. We don't know that much about prehistoric language or leadership. :undecide:

Yes it it will not have very clear leaders in the beginning. You will have plenty though when you advance. When a leader is not present we are going to have to make one for the civilization. So yes it will be very different. You will change leaders at least 16 times probably in the mod by the time you reach the modern period.

As for civilizations we are looking into having a lot of alternate histories as well. Like what would of happen if Rome had not fell apart? What if the Aztecs conquered Europe and started sacrificing Europeans to Chaac? So this is just ideas intended to start from the beginning and build on to get civilizations you are more familiar with.

We plan to have unique tech trees for each era matching the civilization. So you will not see what is in the future for technology. You are playing more of a minigame just for the era. The more techs you learn in the era the more bonuses apply to the next era. For example longer research in the Dark Ages before moving to the next era for a group would give more bonuses to combat units in the next era.

Yes it is really different than the default game. I am not wanting to argue about if anyone really likes it or not. This is just here to gather ideas for people who are interested. I hope it does stir some interest though.

The Assyrians and Etruscans may be something to look at.

@Johny

Was it you who was talking about "Sporifying" Civilization or am I thinking of someone else?

The Assyrians and Etruscans may be something to look at.

@Johny

Was it you who was talking about "Sporifying" Civilization or am I thinking of someone else?

Yes this is the same idea. And the mod in development is Fabula Terra.

Yes this is the same idea. And the mod in development is Fabula Terra.

Sounds like a combination of Spore and RFC. :)

Also, the Mayans, Olmec, and Incans may help fill out Central and South America. Ananasi and Mound Builders for North America to start off.

Sounds like a combination of Spore and RFC. :)

Also, the Mayans, Olmec, and Incans may help fill out Central and South America. Ananasi and Mound Builders for North America to start off.

Yes they are planned. Actually all you have on that list. I know a pretty good bit about the Americas. I really am more concerned with opinions on Europe because I think most we be playing them. But I have a lot planned for the Americas. I was thinking first of all something like Mississippian,Anasazi,Olmec, and Norte Chico. But I can change these a little if there are better suggestions.

Yes Spore meets RFC is a good description.

Yes they are planned. Actually all you have on that list. I know a pretty good bit about the Americas. I really am more concerned with opinions on Europe because I think most we be playing them. But I have a lot planned for the Americas. I was thinking first of all something like Mississippian,Anasazi,Olmec, and Norte Chico. But I can change these a little if there are better suggestions.

Saxons. Franks. Vikings. Magyars. Byzantine. Mongols. Tartars. Those are just a few I can think off the top of my head.

Other (later) ones would be the Austrians, Hungarians, and Ukrainians.

Since I'm not a 100% sure how your mod will be played (world map?) I would also suggest the various Italian city-states. Maybe even cut up Greece into Sparta, Athens, Corinth, and so on and make them some kind of alliance with the possibility of unifying under one city-state.

Phoenicians and Carthage are up next.The Sea Peoples maybe. Indus-Valley Civilization.

And I'm out. My brain is fried. :lol:

Saxons. Franks. Vikings. Magyars. Byzantine. Mongols. Tartars. Those are just a few I can think off the top of my head.

Other (later) ones would be the Austrians, Hungarians, and Ukrainians.

Since I'm not a 100% sure how your mod will be played (world map?) I would also suggest the various Italian city-states. Maybe even cut up Greece into Sparta, Athens, Corinth, and so on and make them some kind of alliance with the possibility of unifying under one city-state.

Phoenicians and Carthage are up next.The Sea Peoples maybe. Indus-Valley Civilization.

And I'm out. My brain is fried. :lol:

Well thanks. That is why the thread is here. We will need to place them in what time frames. And what comes from what I mean as well. We are thinking about a real world map at the moment. I mean a lot of these appear later than Neolithic really which is still useful to know opinions on them.

We have some of the earliest looking like this. This is only to start in the Neolithic.
For one broad region.
Chasséen(France)
Vinča(Balkans)
Dnieper(Ukraine)
Çatalhöyük(Anatolia)

Others in Africa and Middle East
Nekhen(Egypt)
Eridu(Mesopotamia)
Nok(Nigeria)
Mapungubwe(South Africa)(This needs some work probably still)

Asia/Oceania
Mehrgarh(Indus)
Banpo(China)
Daepyeong(Korea)
Jarijari(Australian)

And the Americas I listed above.
Mississippian(Eastern US)
Anasazi(Western US)
Olmec(Mexico)
Norte Chico(Peru)

This is just a rough outline waiting to be modified. Again this is only to start in the Neolithic.

Hmm, that's tough for me. I can't really think of too many Neolithic civilizations. The oldest civilization I can think of is the Sumerians.

Hmm, that's tough for me. I can't really think of too many Neolithic civilizations. The oldest civilization I can think of is the Sumerians.

Sumeria was Neoltihic. Eridu was a Sumerian city.

Well anyone have any suggestions for copper or bronze age civilizations?

Top Bottom