PPQ Flavor Module

And now on to the long awaited religious units. I basically always hated how the priests are all generic just in different colors so I reworked them to each be unique. Not sure if you guys will like them but here goes what I have so far.
Civ4ScreenShot0010.JPG Civ4ScreenShot0008.JPG

And yes, there are going to be race specific variants as well. Although I've only gotten to doing half of the elves so far. I'll probably do a couple others as well but Dwarves and Orks will have to wait for next year.

PS. Note that not all of the units shown are mine. Some are shown because I used them as a comparison for the general inspiration/color scheme I worked off.

Bravo !
I love the RoK and FoL highpriest and Order priests become much more "Order-y" :)

I know this is not something you guys will care about but it is vital. I just completed version 2.0 of my module export program. This will allow me to export my work much more easily reducing errors as well as just optimizing the workload a lot by removing the need to manually remove pdn, max and other working files. You guys won't see much of a difference but my stress levels will drop by a factor of like 1000.

I'd say keeping our best artist happy is something we care about lol, congrats on the 2.0 and I hope to see more amazing work from it!

Small update. I've taken to rerigging some of the existing unit models, in particular mages to use the proper mage animations. As in now they will actually throw fireballs at people instead of whacking stuff with their staves..
Civ4ScreenShot0019.JPG
Old model, new animations. And yes the fireballs do come in many colors. As many as you'd like. I also fixed some bits in the actual animation while I was at it.

By the way, if anyone wants to help by listing all the various existing magic unit that don't actually cast magic in combat feel free to do so. I don't really have the stamina to hunt them all down.

While I wait for someone to bite here is something I whipped up in a hurry. TLDR until I can get to giving each civ a unique war chariot I made it so that the default one now uses my teamflag setup, same as the flags on my ships.
Civ4ScreenShot0020.JPG

Eventually this will be a part of all the unique art styles as well. But those are going to also get more refinement like proper crew models and chariot paint. Example, Grigory:
Civ4ScreenShot0021.JPG

Ok got the list but it's a little convoluted
Heroes that need it:
Alcinus , Barbatos the lich , Govannon , Hemah , Kahd , Lord Dtesh , Mokka , Corlindale(but he starts with 0 strength)
Gaelan and Meskwaki are magic but they have decent weapons with animations
Units that need it:
Battlemage , Duskbringer , Illusionist , Shaper , High mage , Council of four , Mage , Archmage , Lich , Teopixki(but he should be a lizard anyway)
Adept , Apprentice , Necromancer , Wraith lord , Binder , Chosen of Dtesh , Shaman , Eater of dreams , Mobius witch , and Totemist are magic but they aren't holding a fireball at the ready.
And then there's the Arcane Barge...

Thanks. If you run into any others feel free to add them. I'll get to looking at each of these in the next days.

As always my new release will come on the 31st. This year however there are several important things to note:
1. I've moved from basing the module on the stable version to basing it off a SVN version. It's not quite the latest one but it's not that far off either. Sorry for stable players but the "stable" version was crashing way too much for me on Windows 10 which made testing frustrating.

2. Between transferring to a new build system, restructuring some of the folders and changing parts of the XML formatting AND cutting out the unfinished units AND the rona messing up my day and work I basically don't know whats old and what's new. As in what I did this years vs what I did before. So don't expect a summary. But you can find a HTML document in both the ship and unit mods that list all the units.

3. I am testing a new build/deploy system this year. This means there might be bugs like certain units not being copied properly. And whilst I have done testing I can't grantee nothing was missed. So I am relying on you people to report any red boxes, missing animations etc. so that I can patch them quickly. Hopefully there will be nothing to report.

Just for the record, in case it wasn't clear. Since this version is based off the SVN it should just work strait up. As in you guys don't have to wait for black_imperator to integrate it into the SVN officially.

I am honestly not satisfied with what I did for the Kuriotates so I am thinking of redoing the few units. So I have a question on what to look for in terms of inspiration.
Previously I used their cavalry units as a model, but it just newer felt right. So like, what's the in cannon lore flavor for the civ?

Kuriotates are the Erebusian version of a ultra-centralized nation. Cardith/Eurabatres gathered disparate tribes during the age of Ice to unite them into a surviving nation. The resulting system is one where Cardith is in full control. He owns the land, the troops swear fealty to him, and so on. The settlements are mostly administrative centers existing for trade and ease of movement, but have little population of their own, with the cities of the core of the empire concentrating most of the population.

The other particularity is the openess of the state to non-humans, whom Cardith integrated from the get go, and who are very loyal to him, serving as an effective counter to the occasional ambitious human administrator/general/nobleman. They serve where their racial specificities are most useful. That's why you'll find many centaurs in the Army, including at important command posts, Lamia in the magical and scientific areas, Mustevals for Trade or more underhanded endeavours.

Does that help ?

Not really. I knew all that. I am basically asking what direction to go with for the human parts of the army. I can't quite place them other than knowing that the centaur inspired things are too asian and this just don't work perfectly.

So they are a melting pot of cultures? That sounds like American for me :mischief:
Though I never played FFH :shifty:
There is unfortunately a distinct lack of american medieval units to draw inspiration from. :commerce:

There is unfortunately a distinct lack of american medieval units to draw inspiration from. :commerce:
How about representing them with the colonial era? Is that covered in FFH already?

I see I shall have to do what I usually do and improvise. How hard can it be?

Top Bottom