Prehistoric Era Reborn (20,000BC)

Release Notes (v28)
- Megalith Building +1 :c5science:
- New national wonder "Great Shrine" +2 :c5faith:
- Tunnel +1 :c5production: and engineer slot
- Farmer's Market +:c5food: and merchant slot

There has been quite a few updates in the last few weeks. If you have not tried this mod recently it will play significantly different than the older releases. New viable strategies are now available.

My game is crashing with this mod at turn 317 every time during the AI turn. In the start of classical era. I just see an AI era change icon scroll down and then crash to desktop. Not using many other mods. Difficulty balance, Less Ice on maps, Less Warmonger Hate and Smart AI (v.3).

Does reborn require anything besides BNW to work? I read on some other post it requires God and Kings and Polynesia race which I do have.

Great mod and really enjoyed it up to this point.

Restarted with only this mod active and Less Warmonger Hate and I ran into same problem. CTD around turn 280 this time everytime after reload during AI turn. Anyone have any ideas?

Does this mod still have trouble with AI building wonders and causing a CTD?

Last edited:
Witch version are you running? Current release is v28 and was stable the last play through.

Prehistoric era reborn requires BNW, G&K, and Polynesia to function properly. As long as you have those it shouldn't crash so that is probably not the issue here.

Try deleting the mod and reinstalling it. That usually fixes most issues. Occasionally Huge maps will crash the game due to memory allocation issues exceeding the 2gig maximum the 32bit game client allows.

--- edit

Less warmonger hate may actually be the problem. Each era has its own warmonger value so less warmonger hate mod may be causing the crash because it does not take into account that the Prehistoric era exists. I will have to test it out.

--- edit #2

Crashed turn 414 after installing Less Warmonger hate.

--- edit #3

Restarted the game without the Warmonger mod and there was no crashing even after going 600 turns. This is definitely the issue. You can use your other mods but don't install Less Warmonger hate while playing Prehistoric era reborn.

Last edited:
Oh sorry I've been off playing Civ 5 and didn't see your response. Thanks for the testing. I was playing v28 and just Warmonger Hate. I didn't think that would be an issue since it's just small file that updates the defines. Not sure what the [ID] = 0 to 5 means in that Less Warmonger Hate mod. I'll have to test it out without using that mod later.

I just play quick setting and small/standard maps. Did yours crash every time on turn 414? Mine got to a certain turn like 280 and 317 and then wouldn't progress any further. during the AI turn without crashing.

I reloaded the autosave to turn 410 and it crashed again at turn 414. This was on standard game pace so it takes more turns reach the classical era.

Restarted without the warmonger mod and no crashing after 600+ turns and entering the Renaissance.

Recently re-started Civ5 after getting the expansions for Civ6 and 75% of the mods no longer work with no updates in sight. I was at v18 of this Prehistoric Era mod and updated to v28 and must say the changes are very, very nice. Female Shamans make a lot more noise than the rest. Barbarian Mammoths are well done and are also louder than the other units, but from those, it's to be expected. Come to think of it, it's also to be expected from a group of shamanistic wimmers.

Thank you and well done :)

I'm playing with around 40 to 50 mods and no problems so far. I'm only 25 turns into the game, though. Will give updates should some weirdness happen that I didn't encounter before with v18 and try to test to see which mod could cause the error(s).

*EDIT*
Am now 130 turns into the game and noticed something that annoys me in the end and that's that I now have the sound of female Shamen moaning something that sounds like "Uh-hum" with every turn while the A.I. is executing stuff for other civs and City States. It varies between once and seven times. It's loud and has reverb/echo to it... It happened sporadically but as of turn 80 it happens every time and is reason enough for me to go back to an earlier version. It gets on my nerves.

Last edited:
Is there a file that can be altered to get rid of the moaning/chanting sounds with every turn? I really like the latest version (28) of this mod but the voice sounds is something I desperately want to get rid of...

The idea is perfect and this is one element how the CIV franchise should develop in the future. I had a lot of fun with that mod and it makes the game better, because it makes the first steps of the the game less crucial, because your moves in the beginning are a bit limited: Military units are important to kill barbarians, you can settle few new cities. Buildings in the cities are not yet so important and the worker are limited also.

Top Bottom