President Bush Knows the Wiretaps Are Illegal

Are you trying to goad me into angrily responding and getting a warning by posting such a moronic counter, MobBoss? The freedom to talk to friends and family without having someone listening in, of course. It's called "privacy", but I guess you're not a fan of it.

Feel free to miss the point and respond with, "he'd only be worried if he had something to hide", though.

Gibsie said:
Are you trying to goad me into angrily responding and getting a warning by posting such a moronic counter, MobBoss? The freedom to talk to friends and family without having someone listening in, of course. It's called "privacy", but I guess you're not a fan of it.

Feel free to miss the point and respond with, "he'd only be worried if he had something to hide", though.

You give up your right to privacy so many times a day its pretty rediculous. You think your personal data isnt available over the internet? Think again. You think your cell phone calls are private to begin with? Think again.

If you think you have privacy in todays electronic world you are sadly mistaken.

As for privacy, sure I am a big fan of it. I have a lock on the door to my house. However, I am not going to kid myself into thinking that where my computer is concerned, my phone or anything else that goes out of my house is private in any way, shape or form.

Oh..and finally, "he'd only be worried if he had something to hide.":lol: I suppose you would have to ask him about that.

MobBoss said:
You are kidding that you actually did this right? Cause it is just about the most paranoid thing I have ever heard of anyone doing. Not to mention useless.

No I did it but it was just to mess with the FBI agents listning. I would also wave to them and when they followed me lead 'em to my favorite back road stop at the begining and sit there to make sure they were right behind me and then take off at insane speeds and then wait for them to catch up. A few times on my way to pick up food I'd stop and see if they wanted something. One time I had a pizza sent to their van. I still the agents around town sometimes and shot the breeze with 'em. My room mate is in jail for a very long time he did some messed up stuff.

skadistic said:
I've had my phone tapped by the FBI because of my one time room mate. Every time I was about to say something that may be about illegal actions I recited this first.

" Since I am not the suspect being taped any thing I say is inadmisible in a court of law. Any knowledge deemed from my conversations is illegaly obtained. I have a reasonable right to the expectation of privacy. Violateing this right will be a bad idea. If you wish to test this and my resolve go ahead make my day."

Now my name may be in a folder at Langly but no charges have been filed and I doubt there ever will be.

:lol: :goodjob:

MobBoss said:
Very nice. Very nice finds indeed.:goodjob:

Yeah, lets take this one to court and get a ruling.:goodjob:

Ummm Why was NIXION impeached for again ?

Nixon was not impeached.

Of course, there's no doubt he would have been...but his wiretaps had less to do with national security than they did with political power.

FriendlyFire said:
Ummm Why was NIXION impeached for again ?
I won't be the third one to point out that he wasn't. However, he got in trouble because he hushed it up when some of his aides spied on Democratic opposition leaders. That was spying for political purposes, not for National Security purposes; if Bush had done that then there would be a real reason for impeaching him.

Didn't Nixon try to justify his actions in the name of national sercurity?

Stylesjl said:
Didn't Nixon try to justify his actions in the name of national sercurity?
I don't know, but I don't see how spying on Democratic politicians falls under National Security. Unless they were talking to terrorists of course.

Top Bottom