Pretty unimportant, but I'm curious

toh6wy

Emperor
If you win by space race and decide to continue playing, will the AI still attempt to build their own spaceship parts?

If you win by space race and decide to continue playing, will the AI still attempt to build their own spaceship parts?

No, just like if you do not select win by space race at the beginning (which that is what it's like, since nobody can win, since the game is already won.)

No, just like if you do not select win by space race at the beginning (which that is what it's like, since nobody can win, since the game is already won.)

Now that I think about it, I guess what I'm actually not sure about is how the AI plays after the game is over -- because, as you pointed out, it has no real goal left, does its gameplay behavior change (besides not building more spaceship parts)?

Now that I think about it, I guess what I'm actually not sure about is how the AI plays after the game is over -- because, as you pointed out, it has no real goal left, does its gameplay behavior change (besides not building more spaceship parts)?

The AI doesn't go after any goal in the first place, from turn 1.

The AI is programmed to to certain things if certain criteria are met.
For example, if there is an empty spot somewhere, the AI will send a settler to try to claim it.
If it has reached a certain military size, it will declare war on its neighbor.
It will chose a tech based on its value, etc.

It's a bit more complex than that, but thats how it basically works.

Once the game is over, and the player chooses to play on, the AI will simply continue according to the same rules until they are destroyed, or the player is sick of it and turns of his computer.
The only reason they don't build spaceship parts is because, like great wonders, they become unavailable once completed.

The AI doesn't go after any goal in the first place, from turn 1.

The AI is programmed to to certain things if certain criteria are met.
For example, if there is an empty spot somewhere, the AI will send a settler to try to claim it.
If it has reached a certain military size, it will declare war on its neighbor.
It will chose a tech based on its value, etc.

It's a bit more complex than that, but thats how it basically works.

Once the game is over, and the player chooses to play on, the AI will simply continue according to the same rules until they are destroyed, or the player is sick of it and turns of his computer.
The only reason they don't build spaceship parts is because, like great wonders, they become unavailable once completed.

Ah, I see. Thank you. :)

Top Bottom