Preview WWII Chinese Rifleman

If I could throw in a belated two cents (although allowing for inflation since Ben Franklin's time would likely mean more like two dollars), Chiang Kai-Shek actually was receiving military assistance from Germany, along with a German military mission in the mid-1930s, so a Mauser would be the best rifle to use. Once Lend-Lease kicked in in 1941, the Chinese started to get US 75mm Pack Howitzers, and then when the .30 caliber M1 Carbine was introduced, they got a lot of those. The Chinese also liked the 9mm Mauser Pistol in the full-auto version. Oddly enough, the Chinese also used the British Bren Gun for a light automatic weapon.

Chiang was also getting assistance from Italy in the mid-1930s, so the Chinese air force was primarily made up of Italian planes. Mussolini's son-in-law, Count Ciano, was an Italian Consul in China prior to becoming Foreign Minister.

Considering that Germany and Italy eventually ended up in an alliance with Japan, it does make for a pretty weird pre-war situation.

Hi Redback,

Thanks for your interest. Progress is a bit slow. I spent the last couple weeks playing XCOM Enemy Unknown and haven't set much time aside for myself to do the rifleman. I have the Default, Attack and Fortify animations ready but nothing else yet. I did a pretty cool death animation and then realized it was starting off in the wrong stance. lol

Top Bottom