PrimEvalCIV's Multiplayer Game 3: The Iroquois

Spoilers for those who haven't watched the series:
Spoiler :
First, well done. You benefited greatly from the geography, but it was on your to capitalize on the situation and you did. Very easily you could have went with your comfortable play of grabbing wonders and 3-4 cities; but you recognized your position and expanded into a winning position. Very nice.

As I mentioned on your final vid, I think you were once again too unwilling to use your great scientists when you need them. I understand the desire to hold out on using them until you're able to get the most beakers out of them, but the most beakers is not always the most benefit. While your war with kdjd wasn't going to cost you the game, it was a real hindrance. You lost a ton of units and one more city than you needed to. An opportune bulb for Flight lets you hook up your bombers, take out kdjd's fleet, and continue improving your empire in your less developed cities. You are so far ahead in tech that using your GS "early" won't cost you in the long term, but not using it was costing you quite a bit in the short term.

Spoiler :
So you had a tech lead that everyone deemed insurmountable, fair enough. Curious as to how everyone imagined that game playing out. Do you cripple everyone else with more advanced military or just sort of go "woops, my spaceship seems to have launched" ? With Austria taking two cities the game seemed more up in the air at the end than 30 minutes before. Is it as simple as you getting nukes first? (presumably)

Hi. I'm watching through this game now and just wanted to say thank you - it's very interesting, and the quality is excellent. Have a nice weekend :)

Spoiler :
So you had a tech lead that everyone deemed insurmountable, fair enough. Curious as to how everyone imagined that game playing out. Do you cripple everyone else with more advanced military or just sort of go "woops, my spaceship seems to have launched" ? With Austria taking two cities the game seemed more up in the air at the end than 30 minutes before. Is it as simple as you getting nukes first? (presumably)
Thanks for the spoiler quotes :)
Spoiler :
The choice to go space vs domination depends on how easily accessible the remaining capitals are.
Nukes are a huge game changer and there is a good chance that I didn't have any uranium in my territory. I always feel like I have a chance to win even if I am quite a bit behind so long as there is a chance I will have uranium and will be able to exploit it. I've had some epic come from behind victories with nukes. So even though I had a very strong production and science lead, a win was not guaranteed in my mind.
It would have be great to play the game out. I would have been in for a good fight if Greece and France stopped their war and came at me while Austria terrorized the seas.

Spoiler :
I really don't see how that game was over.

I suppose the fact that no one really could easily attack you without risking their neighbors taking advantage was reason enough, but the lack of your naval/coastal cities defense, combined with your broken economy makes me think there was chance for a lot more game.

Regardless, congrats on the win; definitely going wide was well played and allowed you to do well in science.

Great series, keep them up! :goodjob:

Spoiler :
I have to say, it drove me MAD how you stubbornly refused to spend 1 turn to research Sailing and get those whales connected, even when you were having low happiness :p Did you forget or just feel it was unnecessary / not even worth the 1 turn of research?

Congrats on the win, well done though like others, I feel that even though you were clearly ahead your win wasn't certain yet. I guess trying to play catch up from behind is just mentally taxing :)

I really think France missed a great opportunity pretty early on with the game - when Greece spent the whole early game pumping wonders and had a capital with super potential but low population and hammers, and Greece had the lowest military while France had the highest...they should definitely tried to attack at that point, before Greece got use out of their wonders. If France had managed to take Athens and the whole west side of your continent, they would definitely have been able to compete with you.

Top Bottom