Privateers give GG points

Or Barbarian Privateers :)

Btw. are there barbarian privateers? There should be. It would add flavor to the game since you wouldn't know if its an AI attacking you or just barbarians.

I have only seen one that I didn't build myself, and I'm pretty sure it came from another civ and there were no barbs left at that point.

Now that I think about it I don't remember barbs with gunpowder in BTS at all, but that could be playstyle.

I have only seen one that I didn't build myself, and I'm pretty sure it came from another civ and there were no barbs left at that point.

Now that I think about it I don't remember barbs with gunpowder in BTS at all, but that could be playstyle.

It's no unheard of for barbs to have Grenadiers, specially on Terra Maps.

a little reminder .... You gain GG points when you win a fight against a civilization (no GG points from barbarians and wild beast)
Clearly gaining one or 2 Great General with only privateers requires a good number of privateer (except maybe on an archipelago map) because you need to sink so many boats that you are forced to have many privateers to seeks enemy

Privateers plus imperialistic plus tech lead plus victims spam building of caravels equals torrent of GG as I discovered playing Sulieman.

I got a kick out of attaching a great general to a few of my privateers. Nothing beats having a few level 8 ships around early in the game. I even named a few of those ships just because they were so damn powerful at that poing. For those of us who aren't warmongers, it's a good, easy, fast way to get a level 6 unit that will allow you to build the west point nat. wonder.

If only the AI was smart to see great general message appear on the same turn his boat is sunk while everyone is at peace and give you a -2 "You sank my battleship". Except for Ghandi who'll assume there's another privateer out there attacking some other civ.

lol that's halarious! :lol:

Top Bottom