Problem Declaring War

pchart

Chieftain
I am trying to initiate war with the Japanese but am unable to do so. When I try to talk to them to formally declare war, they refuse to talk to me. I tried to directly attack one of their cities or bomb one of their cities, but am not allowed to. Any advice? Thanks.

I am playing regular Civ 4, so there is no option for "Democracy" as a government. I tried changing my Civs but it didn't seem to work. I spent quite a bit of time putting together a huge invasion force but now they are just parked in the Pacific while I figure out how to initiate war...

Maybe you should find the right forum! :)

Currently, you're in the Civilization Revolution forum. But, I'll still try to help you. Do you have a peace argeement with Japan? Are they vassals of anyone?

Oops, I thought something was off when I saw the other posts. I do have a peace agreement with them, but normally when I declare war I simply contact the other civ, tell them I am declaring war, and that is that. However, when I contact Japan they refuse to talk, so I can't actually declare war. Flat-out attacking doesn't work - it won't let me enter their territory because we don't have an Open Borders agreement. Arrgghh...

Top Bottom