Problem starting game - Windows 8

Malazan247

Chieftain
Hey everyone,

I got a crawing for this old love called fall from heaven 2. Its been some time since a played it.
I started by reading up on how to install it all here on the forum.

This i s what I did.
Installed civ 4 gold from my cd ( Warlords and Beyond the sword 3,19 ) - no problems and the game works. The only weird thing was that did not get to shoose where to instal in on my computer.
I searched for it to know the right location since thats needed for installing the mod.
Found it.
Downloaded fall from heaven, media pack and patch ( latest versions ).
Installed fall from heaven - it asked me where to install it and I entered the path (.....Beyond the sword\Mods ). No problems
Installed media pack. No problems.
Installed the patch. No problems.

I then tried to start it by using the FFH2 shourtcut placed on the desktop - a buzz and a hum from my laptop but nothing happens.

I then start normal Civ 4 Beyond the sword and go to mods and shoose FFH - the screen changes to my desktop, a buzz and a hum from my laptop but nothing happens.

What am I doing wrong?
Any help is very welcome.

in any cases,if someone get the response I'm interested.. my next computer will also have win 8..

question:
did you try it with the explanation from this link?
it is the explanation for win7.. but it was said to work for win8... even for some mods (maybe not for FFH though)

Top Bottom