Problem w Civ IV Complete/ Windows 8

rylmets12

Chieftain
Hello All,

I have been browsing these forums for many years and had an account at one point, but forgot my logon :(. Created this new one to ask a troubleshooting question.

I bought a new laptop which runs Windows 8. About 2 weeks ago, I installed Civ IV complete. I updated BTS to 3.19, installed BUG and was able to play normally.

Today, I go to play BTS and it will not load. I am able to see the autorun screen with an option to click play. However, after I click play, the screen disappears. I also tried going into the game file and running the .exe - this also didn't work.

I uninstalled the entire game (Civ IV and Colonization), and re installed. Again, the same problem occurs. In addition to trying to launch the game via autorun and the .exe file, I tried running the game in a different compatibility. This also did not work.

It's especially frustrating because I was able to play just fine until today. I can not think of any change I made to my computer except for adding another profile to access Windows 8. Any ideas why this is happening?

I'd be happy to answer any follow up questions to try and get this solved, but I'm leaving for a trip which will prevent me from checking the forums until Monday or Tuesday. I appreciate any feedback you can think of!

Thanks!
Ryan

I am not sure about the install process for "complete editions", but if you have the option of installing in a c:\Games\Civ4\ folder, it may work better, it may be under a "custom install" option. Also you may want to install as per my thread at the top of the forum.

When you uninstall it may pay to also run "ccleaner", to ensure that the registry is cleaned up of any traces of the old install.

I am confirming that CIV Complete (the disc version) can be installed as kiwitt advises ^^. That is how I installed it, albeit on Windows 7 not 8.

Top Bottom