Problem with a mod. Can anyone help?

RomanArkhimedes

Chieftain
I made a mod intented to prolong all research times (2x for Ancient, 4x for Classical etc.). The mod works otherwise fine, but I can't load any games saved in the mod. (The game says that the mod must be loaded first and game must restart - even if the mod is ALREADY running. And then... well it keeps telling me that and restarting again and again.)

This is how I made the mod:
-opened "Firaxis Games/Sid Meier's Civilization 4/_Civ4CustomMods"
-created a new file "Longer Researchtimes" and a subdirectory "Assets"
-copied the file "XML" from "Firaxis Games/Sid Meier's Civilization 4/Assets"
and pasted it in "Longer Researchtimes/Assets"
-used notepad to modify the
"Longer Researchtimes/Assets/XML/Technologies/TechInfos"
(I only changed the iCost values of each technology)

So can anyone help me to fix this problem? Why can't I load saved games in my mod?

I don't know. Try putting your mod in the Program Files path, instead of My Documents path, and also create an ini file for your mod. Copy one of the ini files found with the mods that come with BtS, and edit the name in the ini file using notepad to match your mod. Hopefully doing these fixes your issue.

I wasn't able to solve the problem, but to circumvent it.
While looking for Program Files and My Documents paths, I found three paths to Civ4 (My Computer\Firaxis Games, My Computer\Program Files\Firaxis Games and My Documents). I deleted the one mentioned first.
I moved the modified XML-files from the mod file to CustomAssets (found from My Documents path). So now I don't have a mod, but I have modified the actual game and the problem doesn't occur anymore. So thanks :)
(Couldn't try copying the ini files because I don't have BtS)

I wasn't able to solve the problem, but to circumvent it.
While looking for Program Files and My Documents paths, I found three paths to Civ4 (My Computer\Firaxis Games, My Computer\Program Files\Firaxis Games and My Documents). I deleted the one mentioned first.
I moved the modified XML-files from the mod file to CustomAssets (found from My Documents path). So now I don't have a mod, but I have modified the actual game and the problem doesn't occur anymore. So thanks :)
(Couldn't try copying the ini files because I don't have BtS)

In My Computer\Program Files\Firaxis Games\Sid Meier's Civilization 4\Mods, put the original folder you created before (with Assets\XML\Technologies in it), and try that.

Top Bottom