Problem with map scrolling

Kaiser85

Chieftain
Hi, I'm playing a network game with a friend, everything works well except the scroll of the map which takes 2 seconds before responding.
Does anyone know how and if possible to solve this? We are using MGE with CIV2UIA.

Probably the delay is related to the speed of the Internet. try to swap places. The host will be the one whose internet speed is higher.

Mmh we are using the same internet connection, as we are playing at my place, I can try to switch the host anyway.

Even if he's hosting the issue remains. Also, it affects me only, he fan scroll the map as if he plays singular game.

How do you establish a connection between players?

Try using Hamachi. I have been using this program for a long time. Except in cases where the connection cannot be established for external reasons (for example, incompatibility of operating systems with this program), the connection is excellent. No glitches or delays.

I do not think is a connection problem, I have a 150 Mbps at home. The connection is the LAN at home basically, I host the game and he's joining through my IP address.

I have figured out what's going on maybe.
Yesterday I made some tests, running a multiplayer game without the CIV2UIA, from the normal civ2 exe, it worked well.
I also noticed that my friend who did not have the scroll issue, he did not have some of the CIV2UIA features as the scroll units as well.
Today I will do other tests. @FoxAhead can you help me with?

Need more details.
What do you mean by "scrolling"? Clicking mouse, dragging with mouse, what button? What computer/OS specs do you have? Your friend uses CIV2UIA? What does it mean:
he did not have some of the CIV2UIA features as the scroll units as well
He turned off ALL "UIA features" in the options? What specs are of your friend's computer?
I have to reproduce this behavior, but I should know what to do.

Need more details.
What do you mean by "scrolling"? Clicking mouse, dragging with mouse, what button? What computer/OS specs do you have? Your friend uses CIV2UIA? What does it mean: He turned off ALL "UIA features" in the options? What specs are of your friend's computer?
I have to reproduce this behavior, but I should know what to do.

I made other test yesterday, here's what We are using:
1) We are both using CIV2UIA with all the features activated.
2) Our laptop/OS are the same (win 7 basically)
3) Same version of MGE.

1) Playing by using the normal Civ2 exe does not cause any issue, the game works smootly as if playing a VS AI game. The same if I use CIV2UIA alone, not in a multiplayer game, it works smootly, no issues at all.
2) If we use CIV2UIA (multiplayer) the host is having the following problems: 1) The creation of the world (the phase just before the game starts) takes at least 10-15 minuts instead of being instantaneous as should be, 2) once in the game, the host is facing slowdowns, if you want jump from a part to another of the map, it takes 2s or, when you move a unit that is in the border of the visual sight, the map takes 2-3s to refresh, 3) Also, the unit movement is not fluid, seems to be some attrition.
We tried to turn off some or all of the CIV2UIA features (map size, gold and population limit etc), but the results is always the same.

The problem is not caused by internet speed, OS version or the laptop (civ 2 is a very basic game that run smootly even a pentium 1 from 1990), we are in a LAN, moreover using the normal exe, we can start a perfect multiplayer game regardless map size, players etc.
I really appreciate CIV2UIA, I would like to use it to play in multy instead of the vanilla version.
Please let me know if you need other info.

Yes, it seems the problem is in "Fix CPU usage" feature.
Just turn it off. Unfortunately I can't fix it because this patch wasn't made by me. It was made by deeves (aka vinceho) and it seems it has some bugs in multiplayer. If you struggle from heavy CPU load on your laptop and still want to use this patch, then try to tweak its values.

Top Bottom