Problems getting Rhye's and Fall of Civilization to work

CrazyLuigi

Chieftain
First of all, sorry if this is the wrong place. Anyway, the first time I tried to load Rhye's from BoTS it exited out of the game (I assume it was supposed to do that?) but then crashed before Rhye's could load. After trying again a couple times, I tried downloading the Rhye's BoTS pack from here. I read the instructions that came in the .pdf with the download, and thought I had to place the mod in the Civ 4 mod file, this didn't work. So I tried replacing the Rhye's files in the BoTS folder. This had a very limited success. Rhye's was now loading, but when I tried to select the "600 B.C." starting civs the game crashed. I tried loading it up again, this time trying the "3000 B.C." civs. This time I managed to get into the civ select screen, however, when I tried to select a civ that was not one of the originals, the game crashed. Just to see what would happen I tried to start a game with the 3000 B.C. civs it would let me choose. As the game was loading I was pelted with millions of ERROR: "..../DIPLOMACY.XML", ERROR: "..../YOUR_EXCELLENCY.XML", etc. I kept hitting ok to all the errors, until the game started. After the game started, nothing really seamed wrong, until about the 50th turn, when the game crashed again. I really don't know what I'm doing wrong and any help would be much appreciated. Thanks in advance.

Update BTS to the newest patch; after that, reinstall RFC (cos the patch overwrites it)

For Clarification, reinstalling RFC means downloading the file here and placing it in the mods file, correct?

EDIT: assuming that's what you meant to do, the mod still doesn't work.

Thanks! Deleting the existing files before reinstalling them from the download did the trick.

Does Rhye's and Fall of Civilization run on mac? If so, I have the same problem as him on vanilla, mac. It crashes at loading XML.

Top Bottom